Think Tank How is SMitch working out for you Hawf fans?

Remove this Banner Ad

Mitchell has some rare distinctions that he brings to coaching.

1. He ain’t a Nafan No Flags.

2. Jeffrey Gibb Kennett always saw him as a blue eyed blonde haired wunderkind who could have sung in the Scotch College choir and been his loyal aide when JGK masterfully led the Cadet toy soldiers at Scotch.

3. SMitch was appointed skipper for the Hawks in 2008. Blow me down they won a Premiership. Was this a new Tucky in the making? Nope. Proving unsatisfactory to the Coach and a bit autocratic to players he was sacked after 3 years in the gig. I’m unsure how many Premiership skippers have been fired because no one liked him.

4. This humiliation rankled. He went about his trade quietly and doggedly as blonde haired Aryan Scotch College lookalikes are prone to do, biding his time until it was HIS TIME.

5. Eventually another humiliation followed with a fire sale trade to the FFS Weasels. Turning this to his advantage he got a guaranteed asst Coaching gig. My goodness Snarko was in the gun.

6. Success followed as an asst with a very funny GF win over the hapless Pies. Soon enough glorious leader Jeff and SMitch had plotted his return home. Oddly enough the FFS Weasels were happy to see him go. Seems SMitch had followed in the pants man steps of another Hawf player turned coach.

7. Clearly at the butt end of his time poor old Snarko practised for his future misery at Norf. SMitch bided his time and had the joy of seeing the humiliation of his nemesis.

8. 2022 saw a testing time for Hawf with an absence of wins. SMitch bided HIS TIME. Phase 2 was in action. Blame Snarko. The mad Prez would help. The Egan review was a bonus. It also provided cover to eliminate any senior player who could challenge him. Gunston, Omeara and the especially loathed Titch (short, slow and worst of all sharing the same name), the big ruckman Chappy and the like.

9. Revenge is so sweet. Snarko gone and trashed. Points of challenge gone. Sources of blame for future failure found.

10. SMitch is a person of interesting provenance. Sacked as a Premiership skipper, happily waved goodbye by the FFS Weasels with relief etc.

11. 2022 was really bad but 2023 and beyond seem void of hope and look horrendous. The talent pool is a dried out patch of brown mud. No matter how bad, Hawf are stuck with him for the long haul and Hawf fans will feel keelhauled across the barnacles of a sinking ship. Already few fans go their games. The notoriously disloyal Hawf fans will face challenges unseen for years. Will they merge with Norf? That is Sams big worry.

Thoughts sports fans?

Last edited:

4. This humiliation rankled. He went about his trade quietly and doggedly as blonde haired Aryan Scotch College lookalikes are prone to do, biding his time until it was HIS TIME.

pretty good time biding, getting another 3 premiership medals, the 2014 was a ripper wasn't it ?

your other points are all just made up, maybe you need to up your medication?

pretty good time biding, getting another 3 premiership medals, the 2014 was a ripper wasn't it ?

your other points are all just made up, maybe you need to up your medication?

may prove worse than Buckley

3 wins next year: Weasels, Norf or GC, and some miracle, probably the Swans now I’ve said it

Will be joyous watching Snarko and Smitch battling it out for the spoon

3 wins next year: Weasels, Norf or GC, and some miracle, probably the Swans now I’ve said it

Will be joyous watching Snarko and Smitch battling it out for the spoon

Aye. The Norf v Hawf game will be a cracker. Of course the standard might be a new low, given both teams are compost void of nitrogen. Both coaches loathe each other

2. Jeffrey Gibb Kennett always saw him as a blue eyed blonde haired wunderkind who could have sung in the Scotch College choir and been his loyal aide when JGK masterfully led the Cadet toy soldiers at Scotch.
3. SMitch was appointed skipper for the Hawks in 2008. Blow me down they won a Premiership. Was this a new Tucky in the making? Nope. Proving unsatisfactory to the Coach and a bit autocratic to players he was sacked after 3 years in the gig. I’m unsure how many Premiership skippers have been fired because no one liked him.
5. Eventually another humiliation followed with a fire sale trade to the FFS Weasels. Turning this to his advantage he got a guaranteed asst Coaching gig. My goodness Snarko was in the gun.
6. Success followed as an asst with a very funny GF win over the hapless Pies. Soon enough glorious leader Jeff and SMitch had plotted his return home. Oddly enough the FFS Weasels were happy to see him go. Seems SMitch had followed in the pants man steps of another Hawf player turned coach.
7. Clearly at the butt end of his time poor old Snarko practised for his future misery at Norf. SMitch bided his time and had the joy of seeing the humiliation of his nemesis.
8. 2022 saw a testing time for Hawf with an absence of wins. SMitch bided HIS TIME. Phase 2 was in action. Blame Snarko. The mad Prez would help. The Egan review was a bonus. It also provided cover to eliminate any senior player who could challenge him. Gunston, Omeara and the especially loathed Titch (short, slow and worst of all sharing the same name), the big ruckman Chappy and the like.
9. Revenge is so sweet. Snarko gone and trashed. Points of challenge gone. Sources of blame for future failure found.
10. SMitch is a person of interesting provenance. Sacked as a Premiership skipper, happily waved goodbye by the FFS Weasels with relief etc.
11. 2022 was really bad but 2023 and beyond seem void of hope and look horrendous. The talent pool is a dried out patch of brown mud. No matter how bad, Hawf are stuck with him for the long haul and Hawf fans will feel keelhauled across the barnacles of a sinking ship. Already few fans go their games. The notoriously disloyal Hawf fans will face challenges unseen for years. Will they merge with Norf? That is Sams big worry.

Thoughts sports fans?
Too many words.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thoughts sports fans?
He’s probably never been quite tall enough to be a ubermensch.

Nearly as good as watching Sydney s**t the bed in the last 3 Gf they played.
parrot GIF

He’s back!

Nearly as good as watching Sydney s**t the bed in the last 3 Gf they played.
Hi Taz I saw Shitney s**t the bed live.
Never thought I'd see you simping for Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Back