List Mgmt. How many of our ‘Soresome Foursome’ are on the list in 2024?

How many of our ‘Soresome Foursome’ are on the list in 2024?

• 0 (CARNAGE!)

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • 1 (Cutting deep!)

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • 2 (Tough without being savage)

Votes: 23 34.8%
  • 3 (The bare minimum)

Votes: 22 33.3%
  • 4 (what really?)

Votes: 17 25.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 4, 2003
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Pretty simple poll - how many of the ‘Soresome Foursome’ ™️ retain a place on our playing list for 2024?

They are of course…

Luke ‘Captain Contagious’ Shuey
Elliot ‘4-6’ Yeo
Nic ‘After the Bye’ Naitanui
Jeremy ‘Technically, it’s all soft tissue’ McGovern

Love them all - all champs for our club but their 4-Prong contribution to our forever long injury list must surely be coming to a close.

I’ll get the ball rolling and say…2 - I think it’s Yeo and McGovern going around for us again next year.

Four and no issue. We’re not culling Yeo or Gov, Shuey can go again provided Hurn doesn’t, and Nic is such an asset if available even for five games that it’s worth risking his very reduced salary for a year even if he never gets up to playing.

For what it’s worth I think Nic is every chance to retire of his accord but from a club list management perspective eg if they get their way, or if I were manager and it were my call, it would be all four.

I've gone three on the basis of one of Nic Nat or Shuey retiring, with Nic Nat much more likely.

Surely Naitanui & Shuey are gone. I suppose if Nic Nat has success in that treatment in Europe maybe he'll go around again but I hope not he would have played 30 games in 3 seasons by the end of 2023. Time to move on, although that goes against our club's mantra.

Surely Naitanui & Shuey are gone. I suppose if Nic Nat has success in that treatment in Europe maybe he'll go around again but I hope not he would have played 30 games in 3 seasons by the end of 2023. Time to move on, although that goes against our club's mantra.
When Shuey is saying he wants to play on, and given our club's recent history of soft touch player management decisions, I don't share any of your misplaced optimism.

Hurn, Shuey, Nic Nat, Gaff, Yeo, Gov.

3 of them need to go.

Hurn should be a given.
Nic hopefully calls time.
Shuey most likely the 3rd but something could happen with Gaff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can understand why they might go with them again. They don't want the bottom falling out whilst they get games into the recent draftees. And there are plenty of other list clogging non - AFL calibre players they can clear out in the mean time. You can't clear everybody out at once. But if they do sign all these guys back up again i don't want to hear any Simpson or Nisbett pressers full of sooking, whingeing and moaning about the size of the injury list when they inevitably get injured at multiple points in the season and miss games. If they re - sign these guys they know what they are getting - players who can play 15 games in a season absolute max and likely much less than that. Don't complain and use recurrences of their chronic injuries as excuses for 100 point beltings and pretend it was totally unforeseeable that we would have an injury list bigger than the league average.

Four and no issue. We’re not culling Yeo or Gov, Shuey can go again provided Hurn doesn’t, and Nic is such an asset if available even for five games that it’s worth risking his very reduced salary for a year even if he never gets up to playing.

For what it’s worth I think Nic is every chance to retire of his accord but from a club list management perspective eg if they get their way, or if I were manager and it were my call, it would be all four.
I think Nic would absolutely root our structures if he played again. Bailey Williams would be stuck playing low TOG and Naitanui would be contributing nothing around the ground as his already poor mobility would be absolutely shot.

He'd be much better as our ruck coach and looks like his influence is already wearing off on Bailey.

An inevitably overweight, unfit and out of touch Natanui, courtesy of him missing the entire pre season with his recovery timeline from his achilles (12 months is the standard timeframe to return to professional sports and he had the operation last month) is not going to be much of an asset if he can even get on the park at all in 2024

They should have jabbed him up for one game and given him a farewell match last month before his operation.

Gov can stay but only at the right price. 800k? There's the door Jeremy.
Yeo can stay but he's out of contract at the end of 2024. 18 games minimum next season or he goes.
Naitanui is very definition of "cooked". 33, overweight, no mobility, 2 bad knees on top of his current injury. Just negotiate a payout.
Shuey is the easiest decision as he's out of contract. You've been a champ but it's time to go.

Shuey, Yeo and Gov still offer plenty when fit.

Naitanui should retire. Been out too long now and was already looking pretty unfit when he last did play. I feel like the only thing he'd accomplish playing on at this point would be getting in the way of Williams' growth.

To many times they ran off our players, i know Gaff is not fast but he gave up chasing twice today game gone way way past him. In saying that he wasnt our worst.

So its got to be Gaff, Shuey, Nic, Darling well done 500 goals, Hurn,

Big motorcade next year at least 10 players can go

Back