Toast How many of you guys will have Tasmania as your number 1 team?

Will Tasmania be your number 1 team?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Show us Tassie fans love the sport then, because you only have to read these threads to see the proof they hate the AFL.
Just because they love AR means Jack, there are plenty of teams in Tassie that play AR.

I come from Gippsland and I know many many people who won't travel to games now, the novelty has worn off and they are sick of the AFL, why are you different?

You have said how you will either watch basketball or go fishing IF you don't get a team, so how close are you to leaving because of something upsetting you, and going by these threads it doesn't take much to upset you.

Your personal view of BF threads is not proof of anything, let alone the community reaction to having an AFL team.

You should look at how a community gets behind teams like Geelong, North Qld Cowboys, Newcastle etc etc.

Maybe Gippsland people liked going to Waverley because its closer? Maybe Its a bit harder getting to the MCG for them now?

Why else would they give up on the AFL? Maybe tell us so we can address the problem.

Thanks. :)

They may turn up to start with, but for how long?

We can see on this site they already have many who absolutely hate the AFL, so how long before something happens they don't like and stop attending?
As someone else said, just because they hate it doesn’t always mean they wouldn’t attend. Tassie is an AFL state, Gold coast and GWS are not. I believe the crowds will be stronger from the start and will remain that way unlike these other two.

Your personal view of BF threads is not proof of anything, let alone the community reaction to having an AFL team.

You should look at how a community gets behind teams like Geelong, North Qld Cowboys, Newcastle etc etc.

Maybe Gippsland people liked going to Waverley because its closer? Maybe Its a bit harder getting to the MCG for them now?

Why else would they give up on the AFL? Maybe tell us so we can address the problem.

Thanks. :)
Why are there clubs not sure about this?

Do you think just because madmug say's it's all good, they should just vote in favour, you can't seem to handle that there are people out there thinking of all possibilities.

I don't know if people are going to turn up or not, either do you, I am just saying what I see on here.

All you do is threaten you will go watch basketball or go fishing, you could do both you know and follow footy, but you like to threaten you will stop following the AFL, well that just shows how easy it is for you to stop when something upsets you.

As someone else said, just because they hate it doesn’t always mean they wouldn’t attend. Tassie is an AFL state, Gold coast and GWS are not. I believe the crowds will be stronger from the start and will remain that way unlike these other two.
Yep, they could be, but there are clubs that need convincing and at the moment some aren't.

I'm not Tasmanian, but my boyfriend is so I have some attachment to tassie. I will buy a membership and support them in a "2nd team" kind of way because I want tassie to have a team and im happy to chuck a couple of bucks in towards them. And when they play away games in Melbourne I'll wander across and watch them play.

But would I ever give up Richmond and jump ship? Never.

I reckon most will end up switching - eventually.
I was a Dragons fan in the NRL, and decided to stick with them even when Storm came in. I was probably still 50/50 until the end of season 2. Both clubs were playing in the GF. I had decided to support the Dragons, but once the game started, I found that my heart was with my home team - I couldn’t help myself. Storm won which made things easier, but have never wavered since.

Show us Tassie fans love the sport then, because you only have to read these threads to see the proof they hate the AFL.
And you only have to read any game day threads from a losing game on the Richmond board to see how much they hate the AFL, or the Collingwood game against Sydney one etc etc. Plenty of people all across this site suddenly hate the AFL when something happens they don't like but it doesn't prove anything. Unless of course you think that means that they shouldn't have clubs either?

According to The Age Tasmania already has around 100,000 paying members of AFL clubs and that's twice what GCS and GWS have combined. I'd say almost 1/5 of the population being members without even having their own club there shows they love it plenty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I asked Chief the other day if we could create an option to have 'Tasmania' as your AFL team.

You don't really choose your sporting teams, and at some point over the last few years the Eagles kind of left me and I was just a guy without a team waiting for Tasmania. The 2018 GF was probably my unofficial resignation as an Eagles fan.

So I'm all in on a Tassie team. I'll be trying to tread the line between being involved in Melbourne-based supporter groups/cheer squads without going full nuff I think.

I dont really have a favourite team so this is easy for me 🥳 But would anyone really support their existing club over a Tasmanian team? Personally I couldnt understand going for a mainland team over Tasmania but I think a lot of thee older generations will still support their existing club but have Tassie as like a second team.

Hi Jazny 👋

I wouldn’t drop my beloved, useless bulldogs, but I’d have a heavy soft spot for a Hobart side to the point I’d get a membership for a bit

I reckon most will end up switching - eventually.
I was a Dragons fan in the NRL, and decided to stick with them even when Storm came in. I was probably still 50/50 until the end of season 2. Both clubs were playing in the GF. I had decided to support the Dragons, but once the game started, I found that my heart was with my home team - I couldn’t help myself. Storm won which made things easier, but have never wavered since.
I’m 25 - do you think I’ll be dead before Darwin gets a team?

With some clubs against us having a team, I would "Party like it's 1999" if a lot of the big guns decided to join Tassie's team and get into the finals and beat said teams right out of contention, what a dream that would be! History in the making.

I would imagine alot of tassie people will end up with 2 teams?

I know growing up people in SA had a Vfl team and a Sanfl team...

Unfortunately in my case my VFL team got "merged" 🙄 /spit to let port in.

This is the most ambivalent I've ever been about the start of an AFL season. It's not because the Hawks won't make too much of a dent...while flags are the best bit, I enjoy rebuilds more than most...it's all part of the story from season to season...

It's because of Tasmania - I'm in a holding pattern!

This is the most ambivalent I've ever been about the start of an AFL season. It's not because the Hawks won't make too much of a dent...while flags are the best bit, I enjoy rebuilds more than most...it's all part of the story from season to season...

It's because of Tasmania - I'm in a holding pattern!

I've been there since the 2018 Grand Final when, despite that amazing finish, I realised I didn't actually care about the Eagles win that much.

Back