Toast How many of you guys will have Tasmania as your number 1 team?

Will Tasmania be your number 1 team?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Thats about it. :)

Travel is part of what professional sports people do. They generally get well paid & they love to play in front of crowds.

I guess they'd learn a few card games for their frequent travels. ;)
Yep, probably won't even worry them.

On the other hand, I can see 5 years after Tassie have a side, the supporters using travel as an excuse.

Yep, probably won't even worry them.

On the other hand, I can see 5 years after Tassie have a side, the supporters using travel as an excuse.

People will pick & choose which games to travel to.

Given the number of memberships for limited games, people are clearly doing that now. Thats in all states & clubs.

I guess some will want to watch every roster game, many will not want to travel to see GC Suns, but they'll all want to see the popular traditional clubs. ;)

People will pick & choose which games to travel to.

Given the number of memberships for limited games, people are clearly doing that now. Thats in all states & clubs.

I guess some will want to watch every roster game, many will not want to travel to see GC Suns, but they'll all want to see the popular traditional clubs. ;)
I don't mean that, lol.

I mean having a good ole whinge like those WA brothers and sisters do. ;)
You know, like, "we only missed finals, because of all the traveling we do"

I don't mean that, lol.

I mean having a good ole whinge like those WA brothers and sisters do. ;)
You know, like, "we only missed finals, because of all the traveling we do"

I guess an hours flight to Melbourne won't worry the players. Or A 2 hr drive to Launceston on a Friday.

Supporters always look for reasons/excuses.

The GF in Perth showed how great that stadium is for big events. I think it'd be brilliant to have the occasional GF in Perth. Maybe even in Brisbane if the Olympic stadium has a decent capacity. Or in Adelaide if they expand AO. It would be good for the national 'credentials' of the league.

In that awkward spot where I want to buy my about to be born son an Essendon baby membership, but if a Tassie team exists, I'd want him to feel like he can support them instead!

Cmon Tassie team, also yes I'd likely stop supporting Essendon to go for a Tasmanian team. But it would be gradual. The allure of live footy every second weekend would likely cause the atrophy of my love for Essendon.

A lot will say they’ll have Tassie as their second side and buy a membership to go watch them but I think that within a decade it’ll change and Tassie will be their first & their old side number 2. A decade of regularly watching the side live with some finals success will sway a fair few imo

Reckon a lot of people will have them as their honorary second team. Kinda like the Dogs until they won that flag 5 years ago.

Laughable, it was a joke 30 years ago and more so now in these Chinese inflicted times.
It would've killed Tassie country leagues back then but, more so now.
Stick with the two ' dead clubs walking' and make the most of AFL in Tassie.

So Tasmania is going into an already small market that will not even fully support them? Gonna be tough

giphy.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve had more time to think about it, I’d support them from the start of their existence as my first team since I’m Tasmanian and I’m a full believer of Tasmania Devils getting a 19th license. Hopefully sometime in the future I can report all their training sessions to Social Media and attend almost every game :D

They may turn up to start with, but for how long?

We can see on this site they already have many who absolutely hate the AFL, so how long before something happens they don't like and stop attending?

Something? Like what?

You continually confuse love of the game with people's attitude to the corporate organisation that runs the AFL.

People's attitude to the AFL's management can often vary from one situation to the next. It happens to many high profile companies. Banks, Airlines, Hospitals, Supermarkets, you name it.

Its not hard to see that, if one's eyes are open.

Something? Like what?

You continually confuse love of the game with people's attitude to the corporate organisation that runs the AFL.

People's attitude to the AFL's management can often vary from one situation to the next. It happens to many high profile companies. Banks, Airlines, Hospitals, Supermarkets, you name it.

Its not hard to see that, if one's eyes are open.
Show us Tassie fans love the sport then, because you only have to read these threads to see the proof they hate the AFL.
Just because they love AR means Jack, there are plenty of teams in Tassie that play AR.

I come from Gippsland and I know many many people who won't travel to games now, the novelty has worn off and they are sick of the AFL, why are you different?

You have said how you will either watch basketball or go fishing IF you don't get a team, so how close are you to leaving because of something upsetting you, and going by these threads it doesn't take much to upset you.

Back