Prediction How many wins in 2019 H&A and what ladder position at the end of it?

Where will WC finish after 2019 H&A season?

Votes: 3 3.8%

Votes: 41 51.3%

Votes: 20 25.0%

Votes: 11 13.8%

Votes: 2 2.5%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 3 3.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

4 to go:

Carlton (Marvel)
Adelaide (Optus)
Richmond (MCG)
Hawthorn (Optus)

Such is the evenness of the competition, that 3-1 should see us comfortably finish in second, whilst 2-2 means we are likely to fall as low as 6th.

While we can definitely beat them, the Richmond game is the most likely game for us to drop. I'm feeling pretty comfortable about the two home games, and so that makes this danger game against Carlton all the more important. Drop this, and we could ruin our season.

Of course, we could easily drop the Carlton game and then beat Richmond at the G, but my point is more the fact that we are certainly at the 'make or break' stage of the season where every game counts big time.

Due to their (brizzy and Geelong) easy draw (apart from playing each other) I think that we probably need to win all our remaining games to finish second

I just realised, if the ladder positions stay as they are, then our fixture will end up with no double ups against top 4 teams. We also have lost our only games against geelong and Brisbane, with us yet to play Tigers. However, looking at 5-6, we've beaten them all and only had one loss in our second game against Collingwood (by 1 point).

From that, I say we definitely deserve top 4, but our ability to beat the top teams is unknown due to insufficient data. We played Brisbane round 1 when our players admitted to being underdone and struggling with the heat. Geelong smashed us at KP where we haven't won for 13 years and are unlikely to face them in a final there (Cats are also in bad form at the moment). The Richmond game will give us a good indication of how we're travelling.

Due to their (brizzy and Geelong) easy draw (apart from playing each other) I think that we probably need to win all our remaining games to finish second
Lions also play the Tigers at the G... you would expect them to lose that one.

But if we don't finish 2nd, 4th looks better than 3rd. Would rather play Cats @ MCG than Lions @ GABBA. Will be an interesting run home.

4 to go:

Carlton (Marvel)
Adelaide (Optus)
Richmond (MCG)
Hawthorn (Optus)

Such is the evenness of the competition, that 3-1 should see us comfortably finish in second
Not sure how comfortable it would be. If we lose to Richmond, we could well be sweating on Richmond v Brisbane in R23 and/or need to win by a certain amount against Hawthorn.

I just realised, if the ladder positions stay as they are, then our fixture will end up with no double ups against top 4 teams. We also have lost our only games against geelong and Brisbane, with us yet to play Tigers. However, looking at 5-6, we've beaten them all and only had one loss in our second game against Collingwood (by 1 point).

From that, I say we definitely deserve top 4, but our ability to beat the top teams is unknown due to insufficient data. We played Brisbane round 1 when our players admitted to being underdone and struggling with the heat. Geelong smashed us at KP where we haven't won for 13 years and are unlikely to face them in a final there (Cats are also in bad form at the moment). The Richmond game will give us a good indication of how we're travelling.
Losing that game against Collingwood stings the nostrils.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure how comfortable it would be. If we lose to Richmond, we could well be sweating on Richmond v Brisbane in R23 and/or need to win by a certain amount against Hawthorn.

True actually. I’ve got a funny feeling the Dogs upset the Lions and the Tigers flog them to bring their % down but obviously those are far from guarantees.

Actually reckon we’d go alright in a QF at the Gabba. Would much rather it be at home, but much more pressure on Brisbane to win a home final than an away one against the reigning premiers.
At the moment Id feel more confident playing any Vic side at the G than Bris at Gabba.

We just gotta keep winnin'ay

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Are you guys getting pretty confident for Back to Back flags?

Atm, Tigers v Eagles GF looming very likely. I'd probably give you guys the nod too in winning it.

Cats have dropped back to the pack, and where us Cats fans most expected us to be at the start of the season. I still think a bigger forward line could expose the Tigers without Rance on a September's game. I can't see the GWS or Pies being a real chance with their injury list. Neither can the Dons win without Daniher in their team.

Right now, I'm really liking the Eagles chances. Still, anything can change in a month's time...

Atm, Tigers v Eagles GF looming very likely. I'd probably give you guys the nod too in winning it.

Cats have dropped back to the pack, and where us Cats fans most expected us to be at the start of the season. I still think a bigger forward line could expose the Tigers without Rance on a September's game. I can't see the GWS or Pies being a real chance with their injury list. Neither can the Dons win without Daniher in their team.

Right now, I'm really liking the Eagles chances. Still, anything can change in a month's time...
Of course because a) WC has always made the grand final when they finished top 2 b) with players coming back and nobody missing other than Naitanui the next few weeks (that i'm aware of currently) c) they know their best can win it

An issue may be finishing 3rd though. If Lions destroy Suns next week WC really need to destroy Adelaide as well

I personally have confidence that we are in it up to our eyeballs. That is as much confidence as any fan should have at this point of the season.

If you finish top 4, you're in the hunt. That first final becomes huge and, by extension, ladder position to determine where it's played.

The tricky thing is that Richmond seem to be everyone's presumptive favourites, and we don't really know how we match up against them. We've played them just once since the start of 2018. And just twice since the start of 2017.

That's a tiny sample over nearly three seasons for two premiership sides eyeing off this year's flag.

The other huge variable is NicNat. Can we get him for 3 or 4 more games this season?

Back