How much would you pay Josh Jenkins?

Remove this Banner Ad

I suppose it says a pattern of his clients to do this.
Who else does he manage?

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

Marc Murphy
Luke Hodge
Jake Stringer
Jack Macrae
Dylan Shiel
Brodie Grundy
Nic Nat
Steele Sidebottom
Dale Thomas
Daniel Rich
Michael Hurley
Callan Ward
Daisy Pearce

(Chris Judd, Luke Ball & Cam Ling also)

It's possible to understand how an agent works while also being annoyed at the tactics used by said agent when those tactics cause so much angst and frustration and have a negative impact (in various ways) on both the club and the fans.

By whom?

Supporters or the club?

Supporters don't have a say.
Clubs want an absolute bargain buys

At agent is supposed to look after his client. That's his job.

It's possible to understand how an agent works while also being annoyed at the tactics used by said agent when those tactics cause so much angst and frustration and have a negative impact (in various ways) on both the club and the fans.
Sam_Malone this was going to be my response. It is not just what you do, but how you do it. Why do you think used car salesman have terrible reps, but real estate agents have better reps (not great reps but better) yet they perform a very similar role. It's in the how, not the what.

Sounds about right.

I'm sure Lynch was very happy with his deal and was happy to wait.
Let's say for the next 6 rounds he only kicks 6 goals. The Crows therefore deduct 50 grand per year on his offer.
Can they do it?

Why is anyone getting all pissy at Paul Connors?

His job is to look after his client. His client is Josh Jenkins.

Supporters don't have a say.
Clubs wasn't absolute bargain buys

At agent is supposed to look after his client. That's his job.

You wanted to know why people are getting pissy at Connors. My point was that everybody is well aware of what his job is, but understanding his relationship with Jenkins and his role in the whole process doesn't mean that people can't be annoyed at the way he goes about it and how the process plays out.

Yes, the club wants to pay as little as possible.

Yes, it's Connors job to look after Jenkins and get the best deal possible.

It's possible to understand this and still be pissed at Connors and the way he does things.

Sam_Malone this was going to be my response. It is not just what you do, but how you do it. Why do you think used car salesman have terrible reps, but real estate agents have better reps (not great reps but better) yet they perform a very similar role. It's in the how, not the what.

No doubt. What you say is correct.

However, they work for you. Used car salesman, can not sell youyyou are car you do not want. A real estate agent can not sell you a house you do not want. A mortgage broker can not write you a mortgage you do not want. They work for you.

If Jenkins is gullible enough and stupid enough to believe what is said to him and then accept the deal with team X, good luck to him. We don't need idiots on the teams. We need players who I can think for them self and who has the smarts and ablity to still get the job done when plan A isn't working.

It's possible to understand this and still be pissed at Connors and the way he does things.

See, I disagree and strong believe that's simply a transfer of anger from one person to the other.

People are pissed at Connors but really they are pissed off at Jenkins for not signing yet.

Let's say for the next 6 rounds he only kicks 6 goals. The Crows therefore deduct 50 grand per year on his offer.
Can they do it?

That's the risk he is choosing to take.

Personally, I like the sercurity of knowing where my next pay cheque is coming from and agree to my employment contracts as soon as they are given to me. I guess he is happy to wait.

TSR says it's done, I'll take that over a emoticon tweet from JJ.
Big call I wish I had your confidence.

I suppose at the end of the day he could be saying media are jumping the gun. I have agreed to terms but not signed that will happen next week so just hold off until it is officially announced by the club.

Fingers crossed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And thus continues our loops of

Shock/disbelief, denial, bargaining, guilt, anger, depression, and acceptance/hope.

And thus continues our loops of

Shock/disbelief, denial, bargaining, guilt, anger, depression, and acceptance/hope.

itQeb6f.jpg

The few Power supporters I talked to today were lol'ing that AFC has paid $2 mill for joe-the-goose over 4+1 years. Love it. I just laughed, and asked what they paid Dixon? How long was Lobbe's contract? That seemed to trigger a spurt from the illogical gland that these guys are born with :) It caused their voices to get louder and at a higher pitch than normal - and they seemed to lose all sense of reality. Then strangely they started complaining about the injuries they have had this year. Hilarious.

The few Power supporters I talked to today were lol'ing that AFC has paid $2 mill for joe-the-goose over 4+1 years. Love it. I just laughed, and asked what they paid Dixon? How long was Lobbe's contract? That seemed to trigger a spurt from the illogical gland that these guys are born with :) It caused their voices to get louder and at a higher pitch than normal - and they seemed to lose all sense of reality. Then strangely they started complaining about the injuries they have had this year. Hilarious.
That 2nd Ruckman / Forward role is now the hardest role to fill ......worth a premium, but it's not a premium when you consider the increase about to happen in TPP

Remove this Banner Ad

Back