Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes executive traveller website has discussions from people wanting to leave long term-ish being dicked around by the govenment. Such restrictive bans are rare even today in the world. There’s North Korea, China, Australia... NZ doesn’t have a problem

While your thoughts that our economy would do better, it’s not a good look from a rights point of view and I’m surprised we put up with it.

But given the majority of cases right now are people returning from overseas, of course the government should be putting restrictions on people travelling freely. It’s costing the government to quarantine them when they return.

of course the government should be putting restrictions on people travelling freely. It’s costing the government to quarantine them when they return.

Anyone who travels internationally is to be quarantined at their own expense not picked up by the taxpayer.

But given the majority of cases right now are people returning from overseas, of course the government should be putting restrictions on people travelling freely. It’s costing the government to quarantine them when they return.

‘many people are relating that they don’t intend to return for an extended period. It makes no sense

and when does the quarantine process get scrutiny?

Thats their choice.

so it’s not reasonable to expect the ‘service’ to be a service? From what I read the dept is waiting to the last push to grant approval. So people are prretending their flights are earlier than they are. It’s becoming farcical.

meanwhile scomo is regularly berating states for ‘borders’. To quote you ‘it’s their choice’

we are talking dual citizens here. A person intending to leave for an extended period is zero threat to Australia’s health

so it’s not reasonable to expect the ‘service’ to be a service? From what I read the dept is waiting to the last push to grant approval. So people are prretending their flights are earlier than they are. It’s becoming farcical.

meanwhile scomo is regularly berating states for ‘borders’. To quote you ‘it’s their choice’

Are you playing games? What is 'the service'? Who is pretending their flights are earlier.

My comment was in the context of allowing people to travel in the immediate future & when they return being quarantined at their own expense.
Are we on the same tram?

‘many people are relating that they don’t intend to return for an extended period. It makes no sense

and when does the quarantine process get scrutiny?

But what if after a month they change their mind due to conditions overseas?

Also given we went into lockdown because international travellers refused to self quarantine, you could understand anyone being hesitant to believe they won’t be back for a while.

I’ve got no problem with them leaving if they don’t want to come back, but I can understand the government wanting to have a thorough process.

But what if after a month they change their mind due to conditions overseas?

Also given we went into lockdown because international travellers refused to self quarantine, you could understand anyone being hesitant to believe they won’t be back for a while.

I’ve got no problem with them leaving if they don’t want to come back, but I can understand the government wanting to have a thorough process.

Me neither, but related evidence is the ‘immigration’ department doing the checking is going over the top, leaving people in limbo, not answering enquires, sending approval at the last minute etc etc. It doesn’t sound like people are deciding to travel lightly.

it is a ban which very few countries have in place, and when asked to be accountable, scomo says ‘not now maybe’

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How many do you reckon are on the Bogongs? And please don't quote Parks (come on baby, light my fire) Victoria. They count all four legs on the same horse twice, believe mares can have two foals a year (gestation period of 11 months) and add them into their figures. And why should they be removed?
I go up there about once a year hiking for a few nights and there is more and more. I tend to see dozens. Why wouldn't you believe Parks Victoria.
If you don't know the harm they cause then you're not listening to the experts, which doesn't surprise me.

The French X'trapolis trains have had very little by the way of issues. They're right now the best train in the fleet reliability wise.
The X'trapolis trains are reliable and my late dad loved driving them but even so the initial order 20 years ago only ran on the hillside lines (the worse bayside lines got the Siemens and their dodgy brakes). After the first 10, the remaining 48 of the first X'trapolis order and all subsequent orders since go into the Newport workshop before going into public service.

As for the HCMT, they are really designed for the MMRT which doesn't open for another 5 years anyway.

The X'trapolis trains are reliable and my late dad loved driving them but even so the initial order 20 years ago only ran on the hillside lines (the worse bayside lines got the Siemens and their dodgy brakes). After the first 10, the remaining 48 of the first X'trapolis order and all subsequent orders since go into the Newport workshop before going into public service.

As for the HCMT, they are really designed for the MMRT which doesn't open for another 5 years anyway.
The reasoning behind that was because Jeff decided to split the network in two. The operators at the time had to replace the hitachi trains. They were allowed to order thier own thing and refurbish the Comeng fleet thier own way.

Modifying the network and training up each depot in each train is just in the too hard basket for the time being.

The reasoning behind that was because Jeff decided to split the network in two. The operators at the time had to replace the hitachi trains. They were allowed to order thier own thing and refurbish the Comeng fleet thier own way.

Modifying the network and training up each depot in each train is just in the too hard basket for the time being.

These trains are just typical of a lot of things that occur under the Andrews government, they come up with ideas that sound good that the masses will love the thought of but they give them no thought themselves.

We’ll deliver these high capacity trains without any thought to whether they’ll actually be any good

Build the West Gate tunnel because the Libs want to build the East West Link and well rush into it without doing any due diligence which had been done on the EW Link

Build NE link to shut everyone up but go the cheapest and most illogical route

Have to appease the UFU so we’ll destroy two fire services to do something no one had ever recommended in dozens of reviews but it will appease the UFU. Then we’ll rush it through not realising nor understanding just how much work is actually involved and the deadline was completely unreasonable but still they push it through and just weeks away, nothing is ready and thousands of people don’t even know where or who they’ll be working for next month!

He is very much a let’s do a lot of s**t that sounds good Premier rather than taking any time to actually do some due dilligence because it sounds better to list all these ideas even if none of them are achieved on time, on budget or are anywhere near shovel ready when they begin.

But he’s smart because he’ll send the state broke then when they do get removed from power, the Liberals will find no money to spend and they ALP will turn around and say they did nothing and the sheep will vote them back in.

We’ll deliver these high capacity trains without any thought to whether they’ll actually be any good
It's not so much as whether they will be good or not. It's who will build them is any good or not. We ultimately need more trains that can carry more people.
We can't order any more X'Trapolis 100s. Alstom have said no more 100s. That's why Alstom are pushing the "X'Trapolis 2.0" (Actually based off the X'Trapolis Mega family)

It's not so much as whether they will be good or not. It's who will build them is any good or not. We ultimately need more trains that can carry more people.
We can't order any more X'Trapolis 100s. Alstom have said no more 100s. That's why Alstom are pushing the "X'Trapolis 2.0" (Actually based off the X'Trapolis Mega family)

That’s what I mean, they come up with ideas then rush them through without the due diligence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back