Society/Culture Hypocrisy of The Left - part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder if there is any disappointment in this like there is at Federal government actions.
How left wing would you say McGowan's government is? And who, specifically, is being hypocritical here?

nerd-fight.gif

I don't hate the left. I just don't like how their behavior creates the conditions required for Alt-Right groups to grow.

YOU MADE ME DO THIS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't hate the left. I just don't like how their behavior creates the conditions required for Alt-Right groups to grow.
I'm a leftie and I think you have a point.

We are very very good at taking people who might sympathise with us, and belittling them and labelling them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm a leftie and I think you have a point.

We are very very good at taking people who might sympathise with us, and belittling them and labelling them.
Great post!

Just touching on that, I've noticed on social media there's a propensity for many on the left to take a 'if you're not 100% for us, you're against us' approach.

Great post!

Just touching on that, I've noticed on social media there's a propensity for many on the left to take a 'if you're not 100% for us, you're against us' approach.

This actually occurs on both sides and is valid concern.

The standard only ever increases and then it becomes a competition of who can be the purest.

You only agree with me 99%? off you go.

Then again, social media isn't real.

G'day All,

To avoid derailing other threads, I thought I'd start a topic on a clearly contentious topic (and because I enjoy the nuances of language). Is the term small dick energy (or SDE for short) a form of bodyshaming?

I'd argue that it does, as it associates a negative connotation with an uncontrollable physical feature. I understand that the term isn't meant to be taken literally, as SDE refers to insecurity/compensation rather than physical appendage. That said, by using the term SDE as a slur, you're implying a small dick is a negative.

I'd contend that for example, if you said people gave you "gay vibes" as a slur (with "gay vibes" being a synonym for weak/limp) it'd be understandably seen as homophobic. What's the difference?

Feel free to discuss this or the other nuances of language in this thread.

I think it’s more “masculine shaming” if that’s even a term. When someone says a bloke has a small dick and hasn’t seen it how would they know? (As was pointed out in the other thread)
Potentially, but it's still associating a negative with a small dick imo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back