Grant (29)
West (27)
Darcy (26)
Johnson (25)
Brown (24)
Smith (28)
Robbins (23)
Bandy (25)

Our ‘older’ list is pretty poor after this so although blokes like Eagleton, Alvey, Hunter and Harrison could be good back up, I'll leave them out.

Youngsters:-

Giansiracusa (21)
Penny (21)
Murphy (20)
Gilbee (20)
Birss (20)
Bowden (20)
McMahon (18)
Hahn (21)
Power (17)

I don't think the pigs at AFL house would let us have an extended list, so I'm assuming 17 players each with 4 selections at the draft.

I've inlcuded players that may be perceived as 'past it' because the side would still need experienced campaigners, especially in the early years when the team is gelling together... and the quality talent amongst the youngsters will prove sufficient replacements later on.

Hypothetical team:-

Murphy ....…..Penny ...…..…Archer

Smith ....……..McCartney ....King

Brown ....…….West ........….Grant

Johnson ....….Grant ........….Harvey

Pickett ....…..Rocca ....……..Giansiracusa

Darcy ......…..Stevens........Simpson

I/C:- Robbins & Robbins (rotational midfielders), Porter (second ruck), Bandy (tall utility)

11/11 split. Salary cap might be a problem though... I'm estimating approx. $10m in wages right there. :D

I would definately include Harrison... and as I have said before a list of 44 was what Brisbane and Fitzroy got and salary cap relief... so that should be the same... anyway hypothetically it is... and even though Grant is 29 as a key forward and a very good one at that... I have no problem with making an exception to the 28yo rule for him... however Stevens and King I just can't come at... here is a chance to build a dynasty and we are keeping blokes that have 3 years left and will only stifle the development of juniors...

BTW... thanks Westy_boy

As much as i hear you on the King/Stevens point RB96, i think that a new club needs leadership and culture(i know its just hypothetical, but great discussion point mate!).

These two have unquestionable records (i know you're not questionng that by the way mate), know what it takes to succeed and are the heart and soul of their club. As much as you're right about them probably being passed their best and not having a heap of time left, i still think they have an important role to play in providing leadership to a new club both on and off the field, helping gel the player group with their personalities and deeds, and helping develop the younger blokes before they retire and take up inevitable coaching roles within the new club.

What about offering them the Captain and VC at the VFL team we would be associated with... they would probably prefer to be given free releases.. but it is hypothetical... so I am saying they would happily take those roles...

So as Dan would say it is my opinion therefore I am right....

Originally posted by Westy_Boy

Hypothetical team:-

Murphy ....…..Penny ...…..…Archer

Smith ....……..McCartney ....King

Brown ....…….West ........….Grant

Johnson ....….Grant ........….Harvey

Pickett ....…..Rocca ....……..Giansiracusa

Darcy ......…..Stevens........Simpson

I/C:- Robbins & Robbins (rotational midfielders), Porter (second ruck), Bandy (tall utility)

I really like the looks of this team but I would make a couple of slight changes

Harrison would have to be really stiff to miss out on jumper as would other guys like Hunter, Garlick, Makepeace and Jones. I would take both Robbins out of the side and bring in Harrison and one of the other 4 depending on who we were playing.

With the amount of gun midfielders we would have you could rest two in the forward line at a time, like Harvey and Johnson

Should change the name of this topic

to fuel to the fire!!!

Are other sides supporters doing this

If you want to do this how about putting the players from 1 to 35
IMO
I know its "Hypothetical" but think about it
its hard enuff without this s***

Originally posted by Melly017
Should change the name of this topic

to fuel to the fire!!!

Are other sides supporters doing this

If you want to do this how about putting the players from 1 to 35
IMO
I know its "Hypothetical" but think about it
its hard enuff without this s***

So would you prefer a lets bag Stewie thread or a lets bag Colbert thread or a lets bag Clayton thread instead...

and a 1 to 35 does not give the same result as Stevo and King would make my top ten in a 1 to 35 thread... completely different...

Yes i would, its then your right to mount an case for or against that player and they have next week to show you up and make a fool of what people have said.

Merger talk in any form is CANCER to the club and fuels people like Caro, McMahon, Eddie, etc, etc.

there are a lot of positive things happening around "our" club, yet people seem to be pre-occupied with bagging the crap out of some of the players, the drafting of players, etc etc.

The journo's read all this and lap it up, "north supporters want merger", this board is a great source for rumours.

Post away Rooboy 96 that is your right. As it is mine to disagree with the concept of your post.

Why not merger you side with Ess, Coll, Bris...because a merger with the doggies won't save anything.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back