Autopsy Autopsy vs Geelong - Geelong think so little of us that at one stage their starting midfield was Stanley/Bruhn/Dempsey/Atkins & they won the clearance

Remove this Banner Ad

Want to know how serious Geelong took the game after half time.
Not only did they rest Cameron, Smith and Bews but they subbed Blicavs out as well.

Not to mention Touhy launched a barrel from a kick-in for shits and gigs.
This campaigner would rather hit a low percentage kick to a contest that would result in turnover score. That’s how serious we were taken.

But yeh we played well after half time.
It meant nothing.

Nah. They're open. I can think of about 4 or 5 games this season where he's been overly selfish and cost us. He needs to become that consistent performer now that he's a leader and no longer a young player.
That's 10 games where he hasn't done that then. That's a huge improvement on his part.

Not only did they rest Cameron, Smith and Bews but they subbed Blicavs out as well.

This campaigner would rather hit a low percentage kick to a contest that would result in turnover score. That’s how serious we were taken.

It meant nothing.
It was ******* pathetic.

This club should know better and should be demanding better. Clarko is gonna shred this playing group.

Taking this post in good faith it is as worrying a post as I have read. I hear some rumours about complacency and a lack of accountability and I suppose they link in with this. I don't know how true they are but it really does fit our current status. I am so disappointed with the total lack of improvement. We are at our lowest ebb and I am just not sure what is going to drive the change. Maybe Clarko back will be the difference. Hope so because if not, we are fugged for a long time.
You'd be a fool to not pull your finger out under Clarko. He didnt comeback to coaching to baby sit.

It’s as simple as everyone who’s been on the list 5 years+ is absolutely shot confidence-wise. Once it’s gone to level they are at now, it’s over. I honestly don’t really blame them for checking out mentally/emotionally. Anyone who’s halfway sane tries to protect themselves.

It’s as simple as everyone who’s been on the list 5 years+ is absolutely shot confidence-wise. Once it’s gone to level they are at now, it’s over. I honestly don’t really blame them for checking out mentally/emotionally. Anyone who’s halfway sane tries to protect themselves.
So get rid of everyone we drafted before Tarryn Thomas?

Midfield soft as butter, couldn't hold onto the pill, cant stick a tackle.
Backs need to hold their Marks! They wouldn't be under half the pressure if they didn't drop the mark at every opportunity.
Watching McDonald getting push off the ball with ease was galling. LMac needs a spell in the twos.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For the first time, I genuinely didn’t care for the game.

I do recommend Billson’s Brewery in Beechworth :thumbsupv1:
Late to this but that place is elite.

Thoughts on the game-

Pop Tv Ronnielee GIF by Schitt's Creek

So get rid of everyone we drafted before Tarryn Thomas?
That’s not really the point I was trying to make. As a sportsperson, or even an employee in a s**t company, how long can you stay optimistic? At what point do you say ‘* it, as long as I’m getting paid’.

He has averaged more goal assists than any other year this year and a s**t load more i50s too.
Nowhere did i say he's had a s**t year. I said he just needs to become a more consistent player. He's not 21 anymore. He's got a big pay increase and is a leader. He needs to start closing the gap between his best and his worst (like most of our team).

I haven't watched this game, UFC was on and it was good to see a win. All of these pointless melts about players are way off the mark. Outside of defenders our list is in OK shape, nowhere near as bad as stated. It's still standards, skills, fitness and adherence to game plan that's the issue and it is going to take a lot of time.

The worst players on our list like Spicer, Edwards, Free and Turner should be nowhere near AFL clubs but apart from that we're just not getting bang from buck after low standards left by Brad Scott ran into the wall that was COVID, multiple horrible coaches and repeated off-field change and scandal.

I expect Viney, Sonja and Clarko can see where we really need to grow. The Shiels, Howe moves etc were a good start but we need to keep getting in elite trainers, blokes with high standards to help our young group develop.

The worst players on our list like Spicer, Edwards, Free and Turner should be nowhere near AFL clubs but apart from that we're just not getting bang from buck after low standards left by Brad Scott ran into the wall that was COVID, multiple horrible coaches and repeated off-field change and scandal.

I expect Viney, Sonja and Clarko can see where we really need to grow. The Shiels, Howe moves etc were a good start but we need to keep getting in elite trainers, blokes with high standards to help our young group develop.

For the first time since 2018, the club is aligned and has continuity at all levels.

Three of the last four years have been in the context of coaches getting a feel for the list, with them getting sacked before being able to bring in any changes. David Noble had the 2021 offseason, but also had to deal with the hiring of McPherson and being an overall *-wit.

Nowhere did i say he's had a s**t year. I said he just needs to become a more consistent player. He's not 21 anymore. He's got a big pay increase and is a leader. He needs to start closing the gap between his best and his worst (like most of our team).
This is what you said:

Glad North pays him 600k a year to play footy on the side and occasionally turn up and deliver.
Huff and puff for a quarter or 2 every other game. His selfishness in games this season has become a concern. It's not the boomer selfish either, it's trying to do too much, burning multiple teammates and then getting caught or missing a low percentage shot repeatedly.
At least he's perfected brisket for the lads and his insta followers

All of which applies to his past seasons alot more than this one.

You were just having a sook based on your previous impression of Zurhaar not on what he's actually done this year.

That's okay, just own it.

This is what you said:

Glad North pays him 600k a year to play footy on the side and occasionally turn up and deliver.
Huff and puff for a quarter or 2 every other game. His selfishness in games this season has become a concern. It's not the boomer selfish either, it's trying to do too much, burning multiple teammates and then getting caught or missing a low percentage shot repeatedly.
At least he's perfected brisket for the lads and his insta followers

All of which applies to his past seasons alot more than this one.

You were just having a sook based on your previous impression of Zurhaar not on what he's actually done this year.

That's okay, just own it.
So...because he's done slightly more than previous season's = I'm wrong :drunk:

You're having a laugh ferbs. If you want to accept mediocrity that's fine but Zurhaar is one of our highest paid players now...a leader...and he turns up about as often as Stephenson. We needs to perform more consistently and across 4 quarters.

It meant nothing.
After half time?

They started taking the snake’s hiss halfway through the second quarter when they blatantly tried to get Zach Tuohy a goal.

Halfway through the second quarter…..

I’ve spent plenty of time being embarrassed watching us over the past couple of years but I think that took the cake.

You are absolutely fooling yourself

Not really, was meant to be half joking, but from my point of view the team itself can still find its way out of this whole, but the club in of itself could potentially be f**ked, so far from fooling myself. In my 30 years of following this club the lack of buy-in from fairweather supporters has been the constant millstone around our neck, and say worst case scenario 90% of players over the age of 25 are given the arse and we have to engage in a youth driven rebuild of a rebuild, it will get worse before it gets better, and I mean plenty of teams have been there before but if our crowds were often poor when we were a mid tier team, they will go from terrible, to horrific to legitimately untenable in the 5 years it will take to get it together on field.
So yeh I have no doubt the team, with another go at top draft pick/picks this year to cadd to the talented kids they already have, could turn this around, but they will be the 'Coca-cola Vodafone Australasian SuperRoos' playing "home" games in Darwin, Wellington and Kuala Lumpur by the time they get there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back