Autopsy Autopsy vs Geelong - Geelong think so little of us that at one stage their starting midfield was Stanley/Bruhn/Dempsey/Atkins & they won the clearance

Remove this Banner Ad

Stop opening these threads while the game is still going FFS.

Key Takeaways:
  • Ugly game, which I'm guessing most of us expected. But the lack of effort in the first half was the real frustrating thing.
  • Luke McDonald - must be dropped. Plain and simple.
  • Only a handful of players who can hold their heads high after today - not many who you can say put in a genuine four-quarter effort.
  • Cooper Harvey's goal was awesome.
  • Xerri, Young, Perez, Lazzaro, and CCJ - I remain thoroughly unconvinced that these players are up to AFL standard.
  • I feel bad for our forwards today - our forward entries were particularly atrocious.
  • With Logue going down, Corr and McKay had an incredibly tough job today and they did okay. It wasn't the Geelong tall forwards who hurt us the most today.
  • I'll keep beating this dead horse - we don't have a single AFL-quality small/medium-defender. Once again, a small forward kicked a career-best bag against us today.
  • Will Phillips should have played today.
  • We are still at minimum two years away from being a realistic finals-calibre team.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"The cream is starting to rise to the top"

They just beat the shittest side in a decade to get just into the 8. Come off it.

That being said, the way the game started, a 62 point loss is a better result...

Big bright smiles everyone

Simpkin out next week with concussion

If I ever have to hear Dwayne Russell wax lyrical about Geelong for four quarters again I will mute the telly :)
You didn’t?!
You must be a masochist

I can’t see us winning v Hawks v Eagles to be honest

The pits of football hell

Fire Elmo GIF
This Is The Worst Kill Me GIF by Film Riot
Burning On Fire GIF by Lovecraft Country

"The cream is starting to rise to the top"

They just beat the shittest side in a decade to get just into the 8. Come off it.

That being said, the way the game started, a 62 point loss is a better result...
After the flogging that was the first half, pretty much braking even a couple of players down in the second half isn’t to be sniffed at.
I don’t care if people say ‘Geelong took the foot off’ you can only do what you do.

Not gonna get anywhere with the senior 'leaders' we have that continually ruin the potential of our young players.
This is it.

This where we sit.

Miers had 32. Gryan ******* Miers was allowed to possess the ball 32 ******* times.

Xerri and CCJ are insipid.

LDU is an absolute star.

Corr, McDonald, Young, Perez were fist*ed all game.

Ford, Scott, Cooper, Curtis, LDU and Laz (9 tackles!!) all good. Don’t think X was as bad as was made out. McKay smashed Hawkins.

Glad they fought it out.

Both captains were horrible, something’s not right with Jy.

Some positives: not many, but some. Zurharr needs to decide if he wants to go to another level or be a twice a year matchwinner a la Stringer. We desperately need all our first string mids to get some consistent games together.

Young’s last game, maybe give Perez one more?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back