Autopsy Autopsy vs Geelong - Geelong think so little of us that at one stage their starting midfield was Stanley/Bruhn/Dempsey/Atkins & they won the clearance

Remove this Banner Ad

I went. It was windy. Bit cold. Little rain at times. But I went.
Cooper was the highlight. He has great hands as those who have watched him at VFL level would know.
LDU seemed to be shaking off the cobwebs. That’s just about it. McKay did okay too come to think of it.

We are just not competing at an acceptable standard. Cats won the first 9 centre clearances of the game and it was over. What’s worse is when we lose the toss and kick against the wind, any chance our defenders can knuckle down and put in a ******* shift? Our captain is an embarrassment.

The majority of the side basically had checked out half way through the first quarter and phoned it in the first half.

Everything after half time was irrelevant.

Geelong we’re undermanned coming in and aren’t exactly purring and yet we just didn’t give a shot.
I’m just sick of it.
This loser mentality going through the club. We have no culture. We have no standards. And nothing has changed at all within the 4 walls of the club, regardless of player turnover or coaching changes.

That ground is a horrible place to watch football. It’s borderline embarrassing for the AFL. It isn’t fit to host games and basically gifts Geelong 30 points every year. Joke

The situation is dire. Our whole leadership and senior core is the absolute pits. It’s brutal but both Simpkin and McDonald are ******* sihthuose captains. They don’t do anything to inspire and lead the way, they suck the life out of the team with their poor decision making and disposal. McDonald wouldn’t get a game anywhere else, he’s basically a suburban level footballer. Simpkin is just average imo. Plays the odd decent game but is mostly uninspiring. A new captain is a priority next season. Someone that others look up to, garners respect and does the job on the field week in week out. Persisting with these two will simply stifle the development of our young guns and continue the s**t culture and standards that has persisted for a decade now.
The season is unraveling, we go out there knowing the game is over before the first bounce, roll over meekly and accept losing so ******* easily. It’s painful to watch. It’s an attitude and pride thing. The opposition just take the piss like Geelong did today. Does the playing group do everything that needs to be done at this level? Clarko needs to start butting a few heads when he gets back.
Been very patient the past few seasons but I’ve had a gutfull with this absolute shitness. It needs to stop before this current young generation gets ’infected’ with this malaise and apathy.

Honestly, how much longer do we have to put up with this absolute crap for??!!

I can barely tolerate watching 3/4 of our team.

Some of the half-arsed efforts make me sick. Don’t they understand consistent effort is a f$$king non negotiable if you’re going to be half good! Just half good! The quicker Harry, George and Will take over this team the better!

And the skill level of some…. wow, just wow. And that ain’t a good ‘wow’ that’s for freaking sure!

This is T O R T U R E! Paying a decent amount of money to be tortured each week! Geez……

Well said, Kingy.

Which North player showed anywhere near the desperation of Dangerfield today?

The effort disparity is staggering.

It is part of the reason why we collectively love Wardlaw. He wants it and it stands out like dog's balls.

Of course. They held up ok all things considering. I'm still furious at the fact that the big losses don't really seem to irk any of our players. Midfielders, backmen, the lot of them. Archer doesn't fall into that category. He gives a s**t

I don’t know any of our players but I think they care. They didn’t make it to afl level through not caring.

It was a campaigner of an afternoon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t know any of our players but I think they care. They didn’t make it to afl level through not caring.

It was a campaigner of an afternoon.
They definitely got there through effort and hard work, but you can't help wondering if the constant losses drag the care factor down. I'm no psychology expert but I imagine some would just become numb to the pain. Going through the motions, as it were, because to take each blunder personally as they pile up would require a reserve of energy that people just don't have

They definitely got there through effort and hard work, but you can't help wondering if the constant losses drag the care factor down. I'm no psychology expert but I imagine some would just become numb to the pain. Going through the motions, as it were, because to take each blunder personally as they pile up would require a reserve of energy that people just don't have

Yeah developing a losing culture is hard to break. Luckily we have the greatest coach of the modern era about to step back in.

Yeah developing a losing culture is hard to break. Luckily we have the greatest coach of the modern era about to step back in.
Provided the universe doesn't find some new and fancy way to s**t on us from a great height. * everyone who botched their roles in the composition and reporting of that Hawthorn investigation to high heaven

If McDonald is half the decent bloke he is supposed to be ( you know the reason the players voted him captain) he would go to Ratts tomorrow and say he needs a spell in the VFL. The only problem with that is they are winning and him playing for them could end a winning streak

On SM-A526B using BigFooty.com mobile app

If McDonald is half the decent bloke he is supposed to be ( you know the reason the players voted him captain) he would go to Ratts tomorrow and say he needs a spell in the VFL. The only problem with that is they are winning and him playing for them could end a winning streak

On SM-A526B using BigFooty.com mobile app
I heard the coaches thought he responded reasonably well today

I went. It was windy. Bit cold. Little rain at times. But I went.
Cooper was the highlight. He has great hands as those who have watched him at VFL level would know.
LDU seemed to be shaking off the cobwebs. That’s just about it. McKay did okay too come to think of it.

We are just not competing at an acceptable standard. Cats won the first 9 centre clearances of the game and it was over. What’s worse is when we lose the toss and kick against the wind, any chance our defenders can knuckle down and put in a ******* shift? Our captain is an embarrassment.

The majority of the side basically had checked out half way through the first quarter and phoned it in the first half.

Everything after half time was irrelevant.

Geelong we’re undermanned coming in and aren’t exactly purring and yet we just didn’t give a shot.
I’m just sick of it.
This loser mentality going through the club. We have no culture. We have no standards. And nothing has changed at all within the 4 walls of the club, regardless of player turnover or coaching changes.

That ground is a horrible place to watch football. It’s borderline embarrassing for the AFL. It isn’t fit to host games and basically gifts Geelong 30 points every year. Joke
Hey mate.

I haven’t been down there for about 8 years & before that another 16 years.
I thought it was all being renovated etc
What is it that’s ‘borderline embarrassing’?

Genuine question, not arguing.

I heard the coaches thought he responded reasonably well today

Jesus Christ..

What is his secret?

LMAC (holding the watch): "I am a great player...I will make a difference this week"

RATTS: "You are a great player....you will make a difference this week"

3n9k5y.gif

Last edited:
Glad North pays him 600k a year to play footy on the side and occasionally turn up and deliver.

Huff and puff for a quarter or 2 every other game. His selfishness in games this season has become a concern. It's not the boomer selfish either, it's trying to do too much, burning multiple teammates and then getting caught or missing a low percentage shot repeatedly.

At least he's perfected brisket for the lads and his insta followers

We should be shopping him around honestly, perfect trade bait.

I’m very interested in your posting about the lazy/half-arsed/semi-professional culture at the club. It’s something I have suspected but with no connection at all beyond watching them play you can only assume…I’d guess the rot set in with Scott, but who knows really how far back exactly it goes? 2020-2022 a complete wipe out, and now we’re really seeing what you’re talking about cos even under a strong footy department it’s the same old same old. They go when it’s their turn but without the ball they really pick and choose…

Guessing the players that do the bare minimum would be both our captains, Zurharr, Ziebell, Corr, Turner, Taylor, Hall…and I might get crucified for saying this but perhaps even Larkey and LDU to an extent?

Surely they want to be better and are sick of being a joke? I do think there is something seriously wrong with our culture. I mean, just look at our results FFS.
LDU is getting better in this regard and Larkey bobs up with an impressive tackle inside 50 every now and then, but the simple fact is if the ball is out of their 4-5 space, they will rarely make an impact defensively.

If it wasn’t for players like Scott, Sheezel and (now) Ford who work back and forward tirelessly all game, I feel our utterly miserable last 30 months would have been much worse.

We desperately need another HB/wing who can not only accumulate and be an offensive threat, but have fitness to pretty much run all day and provide pressure and an outlet deep in defence.

I am finding it hard week after week to care. They can’t expect supporters to stick with them or get new ones. Nuffies like us will stick fat but you can’t expect kids to show any interest when you get belted every week year after year. I am not sure the club or the people running it see losing as a problem. For them it’s just enough to be around.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back