Autopsy Autopsy vs Geelong - Geelong think so little of us that at one stage their starting midfield was Stanley/Bruhn/Dempsey/Atkins & they won the clearance

Remove this Banner Ad

Classic😂

Luke is north through & through but the time has come to give him a spell. Enough my friends. Those two right footed hacks within 60 seconds of each other in the first quarter broke me.
Remember Spud being dropped for poor form and being forced to find form in the VFL lateish in his career. Looked gone until he was a late in against Collingwood one day and blanketed Travis Cloke. Went on to play a very distinguished further 70 odd games. Absolutely no reason to be afraid of dropping senior players, particularly when the rest of the season is dead rubber

I did lol at Bull mentioning on a segment that cooking is his 'passion'.

Ahh, how about footy?
Glad North pays him 600k a year to play footy on the side and occasionally turn up and deliver.

Huff and puff for a quarter or 2 every other game. His selfishness in games this season has become a concern. It's not the boomer selfish either, it's trying to do too much, burning multiple teammates and then getting caught or missing a low percentage shot repeatedly.

At least he's perfected brisket for the lads and his insta followers

Not really. He's one of the most forgetful players we've had over the past 15 years.

In a sports quiz people would be shocked to know he was a North player. A lot of our current players are going down that same path.
Heaps of players get a chance at a 2nd team after being written off by initial team, its a low risk game and few theive, personally i rhink we should be looking at our lousy 2nd round failures rather than specilative recycled players. Especially ones we traded a 2nd rounder for rather than a part time ruckman that was never getting a run behind goldy.

Imagine if any of us were as bad at our jobs for as long as these blokes are. We would be unemployed and frankly I would be embarrassed to be seen this badly in public and when compared against my peers.

About time someone had some frank discussions with the playing group, unfortunately I understand that Ratts is too nice a bloke to be the one to do so. Also wonder if it is too big a bridge for Clarko to climb…

Just wish we could Get 30 minutes to speak to the group……..
Or we would be safe seat pollies like sophie mirabella

Due to being on a flight, I just watched the first 10 mins on replay. Mcdonald hacked about 3 scrubber kicks and geelong got 3 goals ahead so turned off and checked the score. Just not worth wasting my time and energy on nonsense like this.

This club deserves what it gets until it starts playing players on merit not name and based on experience (looking at mcdonald and corr). Numb to it and couldnt give a s**t anymore.

On SM-G970F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Of course. They held up ok all things considering. I'm still furious at the fact that the big losses don't really seem to irk any of our players. Midfielders, backmen, the lot of them. Archer doesn't fall into that category. He gives a s**t
I get players walking off with a smile after a loss and when they talk cheerfully with opponents. They are generally a fairly matey lot and some have known each other for years. Supporters probably take a loss a lot harder even though we only watch from outside the line.

I did notice though that young Cooper Harvey looked annoyed when the siren sounded. Sure, accept the loss as reality, show respect to the opponent, but take a bit of agro as well - don't just shrug it off or it will become too easy to lose in the future.

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if the player culture is that terrible. One of the biggest issues is that, while other clubs were professionalising, we were content and proud to be a club of battlers. It kinda sorta worked for a while under Scott, but eventually the bottom fell out and we were left with a s**t culture not fit for elite sport. As much as people hate it, JHF was right to be pissed off at the club's lack of standards (though his tantrums were totally unacceptable). The challenge for the club now is to figure out who can be reformed and who needs to be shown the door.

If I remember correctly, Scott wanted us to be known for professionalism and for driving elite standards instead of being known as battlers with “shinboner spirit” as the only reason we could come close to matching it with other AFL teams.

As I recall, this didn’t go down well with a few who thought he was trying to destroy the fabric of the club.

🤷‍♂️

Careful Z. When I said that last year I copped more flak than the time when I said cheese and vegimite sandwiches ought to be declared a crime against humanity.
You just said it at the wrong time for everyone, mate. At that stage there was still optimism that it'd suddenly click one day.

As a side note though, that sandwich take really has no place in civilised society. Flak was deserved there I'm afraid

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bingo. Never mind the many thrashings we've suffered, even in our wins we've barely gotten the job done thanks to appalling fitness standards. Think back to all (four) of our wins since the start of last year.

Against West Coast WAFL: we barely scrape over the line against a team of fishermen

Against Richmond: they fight back, we come to a standstill and we really only win because of their poor kicking and stupidity

Against West Coast AFL: they fight back late, we're buggered, we rely on a contentious ruck free to ensure the result

Against Freo: they fight back late, we're buggered, we scrape a win by less than a second

Common thread is shithouse fitness. Coming to a standstill as everyone bar a couple runs out of gas. We've legit not had a game in the last two years that we've finished in a stronger and fitter manner than the opposition. Massive, massive issue that you'd hope the coaches are across
I know it looks bad, but I still think a lot of the supposed fitness issues have to do with constantly having to backtrack and try and clean up poor ball use. By the time they're back on equal terms they're stuffed. Years of average drafting, and I mean years, and then we get a few decent players into the side and expect them to immediately pick up the standards as 18/19 year olds. I bet once the ball use improves, the fitness debate will barely be an issue. It's just frustratingly a matter of when.

I know it looks bad, but I still think a lot of the supposed fitness issues have to do with constantly having to backtrack and try and clean up poor ball use. By the time they're back on equal terms they're stuffed. Years of average drafting, and I mean years, and then we get a few decent players into the side and expect them to immediately pick up the standards as 18/19 year olds. I bet once the ball use improves, the fitness debate will barely be an issue. It's just frustratingly a matter of when.
Funny, I genuinely think it's the other way around. Coupled with a bit of mental fortitude.

Take LMac, for example. He was hitting 45m lasers in 2020. Do we think that his motor function has deteriorated in three short years to the point that he can barely hit a target? Nuh uh. Has to be mental imo. He's partaken in training throughout that time. He'd have hit those kicks time and time again outside of game scenarios.
And yet his skill, and that of many others, show little sign of improvement.

I'm bordering on Nostrils/Mav territory with this opinion so I'm not gonna go on about it much further, but yeah. I reckon LMac, and many others, is/are resigned to losing every week, is/are potentially rattled by the past few years, and isn't/aren't as fit as he/they really ought to be.

There's just no reason why this team should be fading in every single ******* semi competitive game. Even in games where our skills have been passable and the frequency of having to clean up the mess, as you called it, would have been reduced, the players have faded and tired really badly late in the game. Our fitness is ****ed, our development is ****ed, and the mental strength of most of the team is ****ed

Last edited:
Heaps of players get a chance at a 2nd team after being written off by initial team, its a low risk game and few theive, personally i rhink we should be looking at our lousy 2nd round failures rather than specilative recycled players. Especially ones we traded a 2nd rounder for rather than a part time ruckman that was never getting a run behind goldy.
You're way off topic here. I'm not saying going for fringe players from other teams is a waste of time. I'm saying this current crop that are just going through the motions are going to be forgotten very quickly. Gysberts was lazy and rested on his laurels once he was drafted too.

Remember Spud being dropped for poor form and being forced to find form in the VFL lateish in his career. Looked gone until he was a late in against Collingwood one day and blanketed Travis Cloke. Went on to play a very distinguished further 70 odd games. Absolutely no reason to be afraid of dropping senior players, particularly when the rest of the season is dead rubber
The difference being, I don't think our backline has the defensive nous that Spud had.

...and they definitely don't have the pride in the jumper like he did. When Goldy got hit in the head against that Lewis moron, Spud ran like a raging bull to help his mate out to get right into him with some serious fire in his eyes. The culture at the moment is shithouse. If we're going to lose, make your opponent's life a living hell FFS. Follow them, hold their jumper, tackle with a bit more aggressiveness and spoil everything they get near.

If we're going to change, we have to be hard on ourselves and lift the standards otherwise the young guns will fall over from being led by no one. It's not good enough. Clarko will rip these guys to shreds. He'd love Thommo, Spud and Tarrant as a back six right now.

The difference being, I don't think our backline has the defensive nous that Spud had.

...and they definitely don't have the pride in the jumper like he did. When Goldy got hit in the head against that Lewis moron, Spud ran like a raging bull to help his mate out to get right into him with some serious fire in his eyes. The culture at the moment is shithouse. If we're going to lose, make your opponent's life a living hell FFS. Follow them, hold their jumper, tackle with a bit more aggressiveness and spoil everything they get near.

If we're going to change, we have to be hard on ourselves and lift the standards otherwise the young guns will fall over from being led by no one. It's not good enough. Clarko will rip these guys to shreds. He'd love Thommo, Spud and Tarrant as a back six right now.
Yep, I watched the players go through the motions today. No emotion, no anger, no fight, no heart.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back