Autopsy Autopsy vs Geelong - Geelong think so little of us that at one stage their starting midfield was Stanley/Bruhn/Dempsey/Atkins & they won the clearance

Remove this Banner Ad

That's fine. If they want to go through the motions on field we'll see how far they get in their off field ventures. Especially when a lot of it is dependent on North members giving a * and being invested.

Put in and end up a much loved North person forever or just another Jordan Gysberts.

Win and you can do as you please. Keep serving up this dross and every single aspect of what you do off field will be examined.

Imagine if any of us were as bad at our jobs for as long as these blokes are. We would be unemployed and frankly I would be embarrassed to be seen this badly in public and when compared against my peers.

About time someone had some frank discussions with the playing group, unfortunately I understand that Ratts is too nice a bloke to be the one to do so. Also wonder if it is too big a bridge for Clarko to climb…

Just wish we could Get 30 minutes to speak to the group……..

McKay had an impact in reducing the damage but that was it. Maybe Corr did some things but I'm now convinced he can't be relied on with the ball in hand.

Our senior players self inflicted a lot of the damage in the first half with bad turnovers. Sorry VK, they let us down again and were only really saved by the efforts in the middle when the game was dead.

If we take them out and chuck in our young brigade, what do we lose exactly?

I've had enough of losses falling on the same senior 'leaders' that keep stuffing it up. This has been an issue since the *Essendon game and nothing has changed.

They are absolute warriors but the game is going past them and fast. It's time to move on before this club cops more self inflicted damage.

We don’t have any young defenders to bring in

Not surprised. That's been LMac for most of his career and it's Curtis Taylor to a tee. Head of the teams social club. Zurhaars food blog camera man... :drunk:

Half the team is phoning it in at the moment.

I know football isn't their entire life but I don't want to see cooking, painting, podcasts, twitch streams etc. until they are putting everying they can into their performances.
I did lol at Bull mentioning on a segment that cooking is his 'passion'.

Ahh, how about footy?

No heart, no ticker, no structure in zone, players clueless and running out of position. Just ******* insipid, piss poor and no ******* heart. The first 5 minutes was good then it disappeared. Mauled in clearances, the one thing we have been good at all year was non existent. Turnovers again, piss poor, handballs going behind players and to feet is just becoming a piss take right now
We are a basket case
I’ve seen nothing this year to suggest that next year will be any better

Bingo. Never mind the many thrashings we've suffered, even in our wins we've barely gotten the job done thanks to appalling fitness standards. Think back to all (four) of our wins since the start of last year.

Against West Coast WAFL: we barely scrape over the line against a team of fishermen

Against Richmond: they fight back, we come to a standstill and we really only win because of their poor kicking and stupidity

Against West Coast AFL: they fight back late, we're buggered, we rely on a contentious ruck free to ensure the result

Against Freo: they fight back late, we're buggered, we scrape a win by less than a second

Common thread is shithouse fitness. Coming to a standstill as everyone bar a couple runs out of gas. We've legit not had a game in the last two years that we've finished in a stronger and fitter manner than the opposition. Massive, massive issue that you'd hope the coaches are across

But our skill level is the pits of hell as well

But our skill level is the pits of hell as well
I've said before that in isolation almost everyone's skills in the league would meet the pass mark. That includes just about everyone on our list, maybe bar Hamish Free, whose coordination levels beggar belief. Improve your fitness, improve your mental strength, stop inviting the loss, and the skills come.

Do we really think that these blokes are practicing different skills at training less frequently than most other teams? I ******* doubt it. If we had some of the Pies' role players, their mental states would be wrecked and they'd look appalling. The skills are the positive result of all the other work you put in. Some blokes are more naturally talented, but it's rare to get a team stacked with those types. Other factors influence the level of skill a team displays, and right now most of those factors are non existent at North Melbourne

Thats just not true. We copped 20 goal defeats last season. We haven’t seen that this year. We are progressing, its just not exponential and it’s frustrating. Geelong beat us by 20 goals last season IIRC
Geelong stopped after quarter time.

Brisbane belted us by 20 goals, Melbourne by 15. I just don’t see where the improvement will come from.

Many talk of us rebuilding, I think we still have a fair bit of demolishing to do first.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thats just not true. We copped 20 goal defeats last season. We haven’t seen that this year. We are progressing, its just not exponential and it’s frustrating. Geelong beat us by 20 goals last season IIRC
We are progressing with 14 losses in a row. So depressing. If McKay goes at year end our defence will be worse and next year will likely be the same

To be fair to LMac he has been pretty consistent apart from that little patch where he played quite well.
Classic😂

Luke is north through & through but the time has come to give him a spell. Enough my friends. Those two right footed hacks within 60 seconds of each other in the first quarter broke me.

Losing 14 in a row by an average of 40 points is not an indicator of 'progression' no matter how much spin people wish to put on it.

We were an uncompetitive rabble last year and we remain equally so 12 months on despite a better injury run this year.

This round last year we had the surprise win over Richmond to clock up our second win of the year - l see nothing on the field to suggest we can repeat an upset like that this year.

It wasn’t the defence, we got demolished in the middle. One of the biggest smashings I’ve seen our middle cop for years.
Of course. They held up ok all things considering. I'm still furious at the fact that the big losses don't really seem to irk any of our players. Midfielders, backmen, the lot of them. Archer doesn't fall into that category. He gives a s**t

Remove this Banner Ad

Back