Mega Thread "I need to vent" thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Dave this situation is bad.......no sorry.....I don’t lie to you it is f kd.

Everyone needs to do the right think in the next couple of weeks or it will get more f kd.

It is a simple as that.

Yeah but why did Tracey not let him Finish what he Wanted to say.

Bit of Positivity might not hurt

People need to stop going out of their houses unless it is to do things that are absolutely necessary to live. They need to talk to friends on the phone. They need to consider that everything that they touch outside of their house is coated in s**t. If that were the case, they would immediately wash their hands if they touched something.

For those who are younger and have the idea that they cant be killed by this virus so they'll go ahead with their lives, they will be affected economically if the virus wins. They wont have jobs. They will not get access to education. Normal life will be severely affected for everyone. If you hear a friend saying that they dont give a s**t about this try to explain that they are needed to fight this. If 8 out of 10 people stay at home and severely restrict their trips outside the house, we can beat this. We can even make up for those who want to see suffering and death. We might even be able to make up for those who continue to have their heads in the sand.

I've isolated with my son. We are a team. We communicate on sorting out the problems with living with each other so closely. I encourage everyone to do the same. This may be an opportunity to improve relationships and show how much we depend on each other.

It needs a big effort in the next few weeks. I can only help myself so much.... in the end i'm relying on people that i dont know to do the right thing. I just hope everyone does the right thing.

People need to stop going out of their houses unless it is to do things that are absolutely necessary to live. They need to talk to friends on the phone. They need to consider that everything that they touch outside of their house is coated in s**t. If that were the case, they would immediately wash their hands if they touched something.

For those who are younger and have the idea that they cant be killed by this virus so they'll go ahead with their lives, they will be affected economically if the virus wins. They wont have jobs. They will not get access to education. Normal life will be severely affected for everyone. If you hear a friend saying that they dont give a s**t about this try to explain that they are needed to fight this. If 8 out of 10 people stay at home and severely restrict their trips outside the house, we can beat this. We can even make up for those who want to see suffering and death. We might even be able to make up for those who continue to have their heads in the sand.

I've isolated with my son. We are a team. We communicate on sorting out the problems with living with each other so closely. I encourage everyone to do the same. This may be an opportunity to improve relationships and show how much we depend on each other.

It needs a big effort in the next few weeks. I can only help myself so much.... in the end i'm relying on people that i dont know to do the right thing. I just hope everyone does the right thing.

The way people need to act as if it's THEM who has the virus, not others. Ever since someone told me to hold that perspective I've found myself almost crawling the walls to find my distance from someone.

I saw some University of Sydney modelling which suggests that 80% isolation compliance is needed to flatten the curve, and anything considerably less than that (est. 70% or less) will ensure disaster.

Do I trust 4 in 5 people to do the right thing? I think so, as long as the meaning of 'the right thing' is communicated clearly, and the government does everything in its power to help/pressure people to do it.

The way people need to act as if it's THEM who has the virus, not others. Ever since someone told me to hold that perspective I've found myself almost crawling the walls to find my distance from someone.

This is a good point and it was a weakness in what i wrote. I was writing from the perspective of someone who started self isolating more than a week ago. The analogy of having s**t on your hands also works in the way that you might walk out the door with s**t on your hands and not realise that it's there. Obviously you dont go out coughing because that could be somebody else's death warrant.

I saw some University of Sydney modelling which suggests that 80% isolation compliance is needed to flatten the curve, and anything considerably less than that (est. 70% or less) will ensure disaster.

Do I trust 4 in 5 people to do the right thing? I think so, as long as the meaning of 'the right thing' is communicated clearly, and the government does everything in its power to help/pressure people to do it.

I agree with you but some people live in their own worlds. Adam Treloar was on 360 and vaguely referred to the virus coming from china.... as if he didnt know for sure. He is a new father so you can sort of expect that but its just an example that some people have their brains isolated from anything intelligent.

While the government needs to do its part, people cant just lie around and wait to be saved. If a friend phones up and asks you around for a pool party, you should ask that friend if it might be a wise idea to delay it a few weeks..... and call other friends and suggest that they shouldn't go. You might end up looking like a nerd idiot social leper but at least you would have done something.

Then should we go to lock in Level 4 or 5 then?

So we going to have a Massive Jump in Crimes because they letting the campaigners in Jail Out.

My ******* God the Governments are Run by complete and Utter ******* Dickheads

There is some evidence (Today's Age) that the curve will begin to flatten out within the next two to three weeks assuming the population do as directed

So we going to have a Massive Jump in Crimes because they letting the campaigners in Jail Out.

No, that is not even close to what is being suggested

You could always read about it if you wanted to

(waiting for CFC2010.....any minute now......)

I agree with you but some people live in their own worlds. Adam Treloar was on 360 and vaguely referred to the virus coming from china.... as if he didnt know for sure. He is a new father so you can sort of expect that but its just an example that some people have their brains isolated from anything intelligent.

While the government needs to do its part, people cant just lie around and wait to be saved. If a friend phones up and asks you around for a pool party, you should ask that friend if it might be a wise idea to delay it a few weeks..... and call other friends and suggest that they shouldn't go. You might end up looking like a nerd idiot social leper but at least you would have done something.

We're in agreement. Or at least I think we are, I'm a bit distracted about what my world would be like if I had the sort of friends who invited me to pool parties.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is some evidence (Today's Age) that the curve will begin to flatten out within the next two to three weeks assuming the population do as directed

I think I read that one, with the Melbourne Uni immunologist? Great article, clear with a positive note. I was going to link it but realised that most would hit the paywall.

Dave you do realise that not all that are in jail are due to violence?

Some could be there due to none payment of fines, fraud, traffic offences for example. I think that the violent one will not be released and those that will be, will have strict supervision maybe even ankle bracelets.

Maybe wait until we have more information before reacting.

I think I read that one, with the Melbourne Uni immunologist? Great article, clear with a positive note. I was going to link it but realised that most would hit the paywall.
Nobel prize winner so has form.

Dave you do realise that not all that are in jail are due to violence?

Some could be there due to none payment of fines, fraud, traffic offences for example. I think that the violent one will not be released and those that will be, will have strict supervision maybe even ankle bracelets.

Maybe wait until we have more information before reacting.

Well you would hope so but then again they just probably go back to what they are Doing and Must be Bloody Serious IF they are in Jail for Fines and Traffic Offences

Then just Copy and Paste the Article

A friend of mine his Daughter partner is in jail doing 7 years he has his case up on appeal he done a couple of years and he has applied to get out he will be on strict supervision and have to wear an anklet bracelet not allowed drive a car or even go to supermarket and have alcohol in the house.There are people coming around the house to inspect the property to see if he is suitable.If and when this happen or not i will let you know

Then just Copy and Paste the Article

The extract below isn't the whole article, Dave, but it is the guts of it.

The strict new measures will not produce any instant slowdown in the number of reported cases, he expects.

The number of new infections detected in Australia has accelerated exponentially. It was doubling every five or six days a couple of weeks ago. It's now doubling every three days.

"We may see an upward trajectory for another week - a lot of the people on Bondi may have been infected," says Doherty, who literally wrote the book on the topic - "Pandemics: What Everyone Needs to Know" - in 2013.

But he expects that the measures introduced this week will work: "With a lag of a week or so, because the average time to [display] symptoms is five to six days and maybe longer," and only people showing symptoms have been allowed tests so far.

So a short-term surge is already baked in.

"I think the steps announced by the Prime Minister and the premiers will dampen this down. I would expect to see the curve flatten in the next couple of weeks, see it start to come down," he says.

Governments have said that they aim to "flatten the curve", meaning to slow the rate of new infections, by controlling gatherings, closing non-essential businesses and ordering social distancing.

"That will mean a lot more people will survive because they will have access to ventilators and proper clinical care over the next 12 to 18 months" in the intensive care wards of the hospital system while awaiting the arrival of a vaccine.

Professor Doherty cites the example of the effectiveness of such measures in US state of Washington. It was the site of the first big outbreak of COVID-19 in America.

But after Governor Jay Inslee imposed the same social controls as the Morrison government has announced, plus closing the schools, some 10 days ago, the outbreak appears to have been brought in check: "They expected a big surge in cases, but nothing came."

Doherty has been pleased with the intensification of testing in Australia in recent days.

"It's now a matter of time, of numbers and of human behaviour", says Doherty, patron of the Doherty Institute at the University of Melbourne.

The strict new measures will not produce any instant slowdown in the number of reported cases, he expects.

The number of new infections detected in Australia has accelerated exponentially. It was doubling every five or six days a couple of weeks ago. It's now doubling every three days.

"We may see an upward trajectory for another week - a lot of the people on Bondi may have been infected," says Doherty, who literally wrote the book on the topic - "Pandemics: What Everyone Needs to Know" - in 2013.

But he expects that the measures introduced this week will work: "With a lag of a week or so, because the average time to [display] symptoms is five to six days and maybe longer," and only people showing symptoms have been allowed tests so far.

"I think the steps announced by the Prime Minister and the premiers will dampen this down. I would expect to see the curve flatten in the next couple of weeks, see it start to come down," he says.

Governments have said that they aim to "flatten the curve", meaning to slow the rate of new infections, by controlling gatherings, closing non-essential businesses and ordering social distancing.

"That will mean a lot more people will survive because they will have access to ventilators and proper clinical care over the next 12 to 18 months" in the intensive care wards of the hospital system while awaiting the arrival of a vaccine.

Professor Doherty cites the example of the effectiveness of such measures in US state of Washington. It was the site of the first big outbreak of COVID-19 in America.

But after Governor Jay Inslee imposed the same social controls as the Morrison government has announced, plus closing the schools, some 10 days ago, the outbreak appears to have been brought in check: "They expected a big surge in cases, but nothing came."

Doherty has been pleased with the intensification of testing in Australia in recent days.

"It's now a matter of time, of numbers and of human behaviour", says Doherty, patron of the Doherty Institute at the University of Melbourne.

Finally some Positive News to Read

Finally some Positive News to Read

It won't be a quick fix, we'll still need to live in some sort of lock down for a bit, but if someone like Peter Doherty says that we'll be okay with the right measures then you can take it to the bank.

Pinch of patience, bit of optimism, we'll be right in time.

I expect that this will happen world wide.
First a big jump in numbers and then a rapid decline.
There were many people affected before strict measures came in. Those people will start showing symptoms over the next week or two but the numbers should then start to decrease due to all the people not getting affected as a result of the measures that have been taken.

Although you're not allowed to say these things because some people seem to be loving the doomsday scenario and won't accept that things may not be that bad.

I expect that this will happen world wide.
First a big jump in numbers and then a rapid decline.
There were many people affected before strict measures came in. Those people will start showing symptoms over the next week or two but the numbers should then start to decrease due to all the people not getting affected as a result of the measures that have been taken.

Although you're not allowed to say these things because some people seem to be loving the doomsday scenario and won't accept that things may not be that bad.
Is that fact or an assumption re numbers declining?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back