Rumour I thought Triggy said we were safe!

Remove this Banner Ad

Gilbert's position at the club must surely be precarious. Taking the photos is one thing - people do stupid things on footy trips. But what was he thinking when he decided to store them on his laptop?

Then there's the issue of his treatment of the girl. Legally, he hasn't done anything wrong. Morally, his position is far more ambiguous. How much of it is his responsibility and how much is hers, I'm not even going to postulate.

What a mess.

what a sad and messy situation

there is no doubt that this entire situation was motivated by revenge and to a lesser extent awareness.....

1. Revenge
If the reports are true than her situation with Sam is unfortunate however with that said she would have been better accepting the AFL's offer of support rather than taking the path she has chose, consequently it has been costly to herself and I very much feel for her family.

2. Awareness
There is no doubt that not all footballers are Angels and some do behave badly and take advantage of the rockstar treatment that is thrown at them by some young girls. However if her true intent was to raise awareness then maybe there was a better way for her to use her unfortunate experience to raise this awareness and to educate other young girls on some of the pitfalls when it comes to young footballers....

From here, I just hope that some common sense prevails and where possible they keep the lawyers away from cashing in. Yes the young girl has been extremely stupid however lets hope that all parties can find a resolution that will allow everyone to move on quickly with the need to continue to destroy lives.......

sad indeed :(

Then there's the issue of his treatment of the girl. Legally, he hasn't done anything wrong. Morally, his position is far more ambiguous. How much of it is his responsibility and how much is hers, I'm not even going to postulate.

Altho' you'd have to suspect SAPOL's ears pricked up when she asserted she had come over with a friend (Lisa) for a Saints game given our age of consent is 17.

Hence why I think a trial of any kind is fraught with danger with someone like this. My experience with irrational clients is that they rarely are wrong/lie about everything, they are like a scatter gun and deep down after some digging you usually come across the trigger and a whole lot of interesting facts.

I stated in another thread that the girls 'lie' about taking the photo's of what appear to appear to be in a Miami hotel room are largely irrelevant in a Directions or Interlocutory case where theft is asserted. The belief that because she could have lied about that it then means she lied about everything and harms her credibility is not always true. Hence Marshall ordered she delete in posts of photos and anywhere else she might have them, but kept the USB on file in Court in the event that she is found to have not stolen them.

St Kilda would be wise to not poke the bear in my opinion you can never tell what a loose cannon could say or produce in her defence, buy her off and shut her up with a Deed Release of some kind with it very clear that any further action that breaches the release will be pursued.

Morally, the guy is a dolt. Given his sloppy disposal I'm frankly amazed he could hit anything.

At the end of the day, as long as the AFL and its clubs keep recruiting cute and muscly young men and the media continues to put these young men on a pedestal, we are going to have girls throwing themselves at these men.

As long as the intercourse is consensual and the players aren't physically or mentally abusive towards these young women, there is absolutely nothing wrong with it.

Now, if an AFL player doesn't call back the next day after a one night stand, while it's not nice, that doesn't count as being mistreated. That's what a one night stand is for, there are no strings and neither party owes the other anything. I think many of these groupie-types need to remember this.

Gilbert's position at the club must surely be precarious. Taking the photos is one thing - people do stupid things on footy trips. But what was he thinking when he decided to store them on his laptop?

Vader

IMO it will come down to whether Gilbert and St Nick can together maintain a heathy professional working relationship and how the club manages this moving forward...

if Nick can't continue to work with Sam the club will trade Sam to another club

Well, you have to store them somewhere. What is bizarre is how the girl had access to it...
Why would you store them at all?

As for her ability to access the pictures.. She was sleeping with Gilbert at the time when she (allegedly) stole them. Does your girlfriend have access to your computer?
Vader

IMO it will come down to whether Gilbert and St Nick can together maintain a heathy professional working relationship and how the club manages this moving forward...

if Nick can't continue to work with Sam the club will trade Sam to another club
Agreed. It's a massive betrayal of trust by Gilbert though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now, if an AFL player doesn't call back the next day after a one night stand, while it's not nice, that doesn't count as being mistreated. That's what a one night stand is for, there are no strings and neither party owes the other anything. I think many of these groupie-types need to remember this.

I'd hazard a guess and say the girls would be thinking it will be a whole lot more than a one night stand though. That's how most girls are made.

the bird has obviously been caught out and she has caused some damage but I feel for her.

she has obviously been screwed over by players and the police and she is now taki ting her revenge. I am not saying what she is doing is right, far from it, but I fear some players, ours included, (possibly) will be screwed over by this. But I really fear for this girl, I obviously dont know her from a bar of soap but she doesnt seem to be all there.

I have the feeling she has bitten off more than she can chew but I hope it doesnt become enough for her. Some parental guidance would of been handy.

Why would you store them at all?

As for her ability to access the pictures.. She was sleeping with Gilbert at the time when she (allegedly) stole them. Does your girlfriend have access to your computer?
Sorta hard for me to answer being a long-time married man.

But if I had mistress :), and I hadn't been with her for long enough to build up trust... then no, she wouldn't.

But I'm also not a 23 year old footballer.

Sorta hard for me to answer being a long-time married man..

Mmmmm...... I may be wrong, but I reckon a lot of people passing judgement on the St Kilda players are of this profile........

Let me guess Coopers - when you were single, there were only hard copies and negatives to get rid of??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back