IE or Firefox,

Remove this Banner Ad

And once again it comes down to myself to have the final say in the matter.

IE is like Port fans - gay.

Firefox is like Carlton and Storm fans - sexy and cool. Well, the sexy part is more me but you get the picture.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chrome is head and shoulders above IE and Firefox.

Its number 1 and only necessary advantage is that its quicker. Quicker to load the actual browser and quicker to load web sites. It is also designed with Gmail and Google Docs in mind so it runs those apps flawlessly and when Google Wave is released towards the end of this year everyone will be wanting Chrome.

Firefox is also much much better than IE and Safari.

Safari is much much better than IE.

Chrome ftw.
Had Firefox until it crapped it self and lost all my bookmarks/passwords and wouldn't let me put them back in. Haven't gone back to it since.
IE is just the pits.

Changed to Firefox a few weeks ago and it is much better than IE........ but ..... now have a problem when doing Google searches from Firefox. It arose only a few days back.

Every now and then(randomly) when I click on a search result link I get a "redirecting wait 3 seconds" message. If I don't immediately go "back" then the screen gets hijacked and frozen with an Online Scan page which does not allow either "OK" or "cancel". Messages include "your computer is strongly infected by viruses. It can cause data loss and file damage and need be cured ASAP".

The only option is to turnoff/restart. I have used Avira Antivirus, Malware Bytes Anti-Malware and Super Anti Spyware to clean any viruses and malware but the problem recurs at random. I've also done searches to find Firefox fixes but none of them appear to come up with solutions even though it is apparently not uncommon.

Has anyone else come across the same problem and/or have any suggestions?

PS: I have another issue which may or may not be related. If I go back to using IE to do a Google Search it automatically comes up with Gala Search directory which is as useless as **** on a bull. There is no problem accessing other search engines from IE.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back