India v Australia 5 T20s for the IDGAF Trophy.

Remove this Banner Ad

If you want to watch T20s with actual consequences and jeopardy, the African qualifiers for the World Cup are on icc tv. They're basically playing to see whether they'll be professional (or atleast semi-professional) cricketers next year or not.

Australia T20 squad: Matthew Wade (c), Aaron Hardie, Jason Behrendorff, Sean Abbott, Tim David, Nathan Ellis, Travis Head, Josh Inglis, Glenn Maxwell, Tanveer Sangha, Matt Short, Steve Smith, Marcus Stoinis, Kane Richardson, Adam Zampa

A reminder that we play a T20 World Cup in just over six months, and these are five of just 11 T20Is scheduled between now and then. These are some of the last opportunities for some of these guys to impress at the international level before the T20WC squad is put together. It'll be great to get more international cricket into the likes of Matt Short, Tanveer Sangha and Aaron Hardie, in particular.

There's not much crossover between this squad and the test team, so it's pretty low risk in that sense.

And of course, the last time we played a five-match series in a different format immediately after winning a World Championship was in June.

All that being said, I might not even watch the highlights.

The next T20 World Cup isn't that far away so at least this is a good chance to experiment a bit and have a better look at more players.

That said I won't watch any of it live since it's at a horrible time here

Apparently McDonald won't be there and Andre Borovec will coach the team. Don't know much about him apart from he came up from Victoria

Last edited:
My interest level in this series is very minimal. I even watched that similarly pointless Australia v England ODI series after the T20 WC last year!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If I stand to be corrected when Argentina won the FIFA World Cup, their clubs game them a week off to celebrate at home with their own fans.

Travis Head should be partying it up after that colossus win on Sunday. Should be no cricket for 7 days for the winners.

Now i know why Head's been hanging out in Vizag, they have a game tonight! Not exactly Goa or Kerala, but not a bad beach and certainly worst parts of India to be stuck – namely Ahmedabad.

How could you possibly further cheapen T20 cricket? Hold the WC every 2 years, as opposed to 4, like any other other major world wide event

As awesome as inglis was in the WC (five catches in the final!), totally forgot about Wade

Remove this Banner Ad

Back