West Indies v England Best of 5 T20s Dec 12-Dec 21 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Salt claimed before the third game in an interview that he ‘feels like he’s from the Caribbean because of his laidback attitude and approach to life’ so we’ll just claim these last two games as well and a 4-0 series lead. No biggie

Salt claimed before the third game in an interview that he ‘feels like he’s from the Caribbean because of his laidback attitude and approach to life’ so we’ll just claim these last two games as well and a 4-0 series lead. No biggie
Salt actually lived in Barbados from ages 10 to 15 so was eligible to play for the Windies under residency rules.

England are a rabble before the World Cup in T20 in 6 months time. I reckon this is a team that has already reached its peak of its powers: Stokes is old, Bairstow unfit, Buttler doesnt seem to have a great captaincy mind, Sam Curran is coming on as 6th main bowler in a do or die game and they seemed a team that didnt play too much in harmony.

Harry Brook is still very much hit or miss and hasnt got that consistency about him yet. His good is very good, his bad is very bad.

Tarouba was going to be harder to bat in a 2nd game played here.

England are a rabble before the World Cup in T20 in 6 months time. I reckon this is a team that has already reached its peak of its powers: Stokes is old, Bairstow unfit, Buttler doesnt seem to have a great captaincy mind, Sam Curran is coming on as 6th main bowler in a do or die game and they seemed a team that didnt play too much in harmony.

Harry Brook is still very much hit or miss and hasnt got that consistency about him yet. His good is very good, his bad is very bad.

Tarouba was going to be harder to bat in a 2nd game played here.

Salt and maybe Topley and Rashid are the only players to come out of this series with reputations enhanced or untouched realistically. Brook is worth persisting with

Curran ultimately for all the s**t I love to heap on him did make a couple of handy contributions as an all rounder but he basically relies on having the opposition NEEDING to target him and that’s dangerous. If there’s no pressure on them when he’s bowling he’s just fodder and equally if there’s pressure on HIM, and he is having one of his bad days then it costs them a game they can otherwise win. He’s an unmitigated risk. Though he can bat so that’s something in his favour

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Salt and maybe Topley and Rashid are the only players to come out of this series with reputations enhanced or untouched realistically. Brook is worth persisting with

Curran ultimately for all the s**t I love to heap on him did make a couple of handy contributions as an all rounder but he basically relies on having the opposition NEEDING to target him and that’s dangerous. If there’s no pressure on them when he’s bowling he’s just fodder and equally if there’s pressure on HIM, and he is having one of his bad days then it costs them a game they can otherwise win. He’s an unmitigated risk. Though he can bat so that’s something in his favour
For a guy that had one of the higher price tags in last years IPL, if he is coming in the national team at number 7 and coming on as a bowler as 6th change- im not sure if the captain rates his game.

I just found it a bit unusual why if he is considered an important part of the structure of the team why he got held back so late, especially in a clutch game.

For a guy that had one of the higher price tags in last years IPL, if he is coming in the national team at number 7 and coming on as a bowler as 6th change- im not sure if the captain rates his game.

I just found it a bit unusual why if he is considered an important part of the structure of the team why he got held back so late, especially in a clutch game.

They’re scared of using him clearly though again to be fair he bowled a pretty decent over at the end: I think that owed a bit to Russell trying to finish the game in Russell style rather than doing it sensibly but still

moral victory again!

Even cricinfo’s coverage has been toeing the moral victory line. Not sure if it’s been updated but in the wake of the Windies win I couldn’t find a single article about Windies winning, just articles about England.

I’d have thought the former two time champions, former kings of cricket who just sat out a white ball World Cup actually defeating the current t20 World Cup champions, winning their third straight bilateral series against against decent opposition would have been worth something but nope

Remove this Banner Ad

Back