Australian Women v West Indies Women (3 T20s and 3 ODIs) Oct 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Windies are being shafted here. Both of those decisions were not out.

I saw the Sutherland catch - still trying to work out what the third umpire saw as the call seemed to clearly make contact with the ground with a puff of dust

What else happened?

I saw the Sutherland catch - still trying to work out what the third umpire saw as the call seemed to clearly make contact with the ground with a puff of dust

What else happened?
LBW where it looked like it hit the edge of the bat a fraction before the pads.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wonder why they didn't regig the batting order and give some middle to lower order a hit .

Agree

I'm happy to see with the opening pair as they try to form a bond & connection in that role, but not sure what we really gained by batting Perry and Mooney

Thinking it could have been a good opportunity to get Sutherland, King and Wareham in thre middle, and thinking that their WBBL teams would have liked to see them given a hit also

Should have played a game of the 100 to round out of the afternoon
I actually feel for anyone that paid a ticket for this series. West Indies batting first, in two of the matches with West Indies batting first and getting ambushed and a washout in 2nd ODI. Not exactly a great endorsement for womens cricket getting lopsided matches like that. More lopsided than what we have seen in the Mens World cup especially.

I actually feel for anyone that paid a ticket for this series. West Indies batting first, in two of the matches and a washout. Not exactly a great endorsement for womens cricket getting lopsided matches like that. More lopsided than what we have seen in the Mens World cup especially.

If today was going to be predicted weather of 25c and blue skies, I bet we bat first after winning the toss - but with the questionable weather around today they decided to play it safe & in a situation in which they knew they'd be able to force a result

If today was going to be predicted weather of 25c and blue skies, I bet we bat first after winning the toss - but with the questionable weather around today they decided to play it safe & in a situation in which they knew they'd be able to force a result
I missed the toss as I was in bed at the time but fair enough. I reckon a fair amount of Aussies in that XI will be a tad rusty though with WBBL starting this Thursday. Not alot of them got time in the middle. eg middle to lower order.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back