3rd ODI Australia v West Indies Feb 6 1400hrs @ Manuka Oval

Who will win?

• West Indies

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

No because Tim David has a golden ticket.

Different positions. Honestly he’s not competing with those players he’s scored all his runs up the top (top 4). I can’t stand David but it shows how VERY few genuine hitter finishers we have.

Different positions. Honestly he’s not competing with those players he’s scored all his runs up the top (top 4). I can’t stand David but it shows how VERY few genuine hitter finishers we have.
Inglis is making quick runs at the top of the order currently and I think he could do so down the order if he was asked to, and probably more reliably than David.

Inglis is making quick runs at the top of the order currently and I think he could do so down the order if he was asked to, and probably more reliably than David.

You aren’t changing the whole side to fit a new bloke in. Inglis is staying at 4/5. He’s just made a t20 ton

and this is the issue for Australia how are you going to manage your assests..in the t20 format

Inglis can bat anywhere in your top six and they like his ability in the middle orders against the spin..so he can bat anywhere

then you have marsh...who basically can only bat in the top three...same as head as they play the quicks well

Warner...is in trouble because he is older but he has a fantastic record in the white ball game... and he bats through your t20 innings..when he goes after next year t20 World Cup...fraser or Inglis takes his spot

Smith ...yeah nah...should be told no more t20 for you son ....ODI are fine

its your 5-6-7 is where you want players who can hit from ball one... most likely Fraser in the t20 game could be suited for there

Warner
Head
Marsh
Inglis
Maxi
Fraser

and atm those 5-6 -7 8 slot are David Stoinis and wade .. pressure for me is on David Fraser can take his spot

and then there's short who basically is only suited at the top same as head and marsh

As we know, today is the 1000th ODI involving Australia. Bill Lawry opened the batting with Keith Stackpole in Australia's first ever ODI back in 1971. Bill had a strike rate of 55. JFM, the total opposite of Bill Lawry finished with a strike rate of 227. None of you will be surprised at Geoff Boycott leaving the MCG with a strike rate of 21 in that inaugural ODI.
For a long time, Bill Lawry was the only Australian ODI captain with a 100% winning record.

Has been joined in recent years by Cameron White, David Warner and Josh Hazlewood, though.

For a long time, Bill Lawry was the only Australian ODI captain with a 100% winning record.

Has been joined in recent years by Cameron White, David Warner and Josh Hazlewood, though.

And based on this series, Dan Vettori will be the only Australian ODI coach to have a 100% winning record.

A best of 7 series in T20I , would have been better than 3 ODI:3T20 setup. And if you really wanted to cash in on the T20 loop, you could have a best of 9 T20 series, with Melbourne and Sydney hosting multiple games (being the bigger cities) and spreading the games across the nation. I dont think its an unreasonable thing to schedule back-to-back games in some cities in T20s. The crowds for this ODI series were hardly inspiring but also been on the decline for a while.

Are we slowly seeing the death of bilateral series in this country in ODI form? Teams no longer see the value of playing their best squads and I can understand it with the series not meaning much in terms of an international context.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

if you play 9 T20I around the country involving West Indies v Australia, dare I say it you would get maybe on par crowds with the BBL averages maybe 20% less- but it would still be a massive win for Cricket Australia.
Nah people are exhausted with short form cricket from BBL, they've screwed the duck forever on this now.

Hookesy had a 100% loss record as captain.
As does Ray Bright, Michael Hussey and Tim Paine. Hookes and Bright only had one game each, but Hussey had four and Paine five. Paine's was the first cricket after the Sandpaper tour, I think, and included conceding 481 vs England.

As does Ray Bright, Michael Hussey and Tim Paine. Hookes and Bright only had one game each, but Hussey had four and Paine five. Paine's was the first cricket after the Sandpaper tour, I think, and included conceding 481 vs England.
Ray Bright and Hooksey were always the outliers of ODI captains from the times when the Test and ODI sides were pretty much one and the same

A best of 7 series in T20I , would have been better than 3 ODI:3T20 setup. And if you really wanted to cash in on the T20 loop, you could have a best of 9 T20 series, with Melbourne and Sydney hosting multiple games (being the bigger cities) and spreading the games across the nation. I dont think its an unreasonable thing to schedule back-to-back games in some cities in T20s. The crowds for this ODI series were hardly inspiring but also been on the decline for a while.

Are we slowly seeing the death of bilateral series in this country in ODI form? Teams no longer see the value of playing their best squads and I can understand it with the series not meaning much in terms of an international context.
so if Australia won 4-0, then we lose 3 games? they won't do a "best of" series. 5 games max should be the limit for a series.

garbage mate.

WSC was ten games each plus finals at that point wasn't it? So, 12-13 ODIs at home would have been common with 8-9 of those in Sydney and Melbourne.
Yep. In the glorious summer of 1984-85, Australia played 16 ODIs at home: the 10 WSC group games (vs West Indies and Sri Lanka), three WSC finals (lost the best of three series 1-2) and the three group matches in the World Championship of Cricket. The total could have been 18 ODIs if Australia had finished top two in their WCC group and played the semi-final plus either the final or 3rd place match.

About two weeks later Australia played in an ODI tournament in Sharjah, playing in two knock-out matches in a four team event. A cool 18 ODIs in about 10 weeks.

Playing 7 T20's against the Windies would have been painful to watch. Those games would be so lopsided they wouldn't even attract an audience.
The Windies are in a complete rebuild phase, as Jason Holder said during the week, the more established, experienced players don't represent the national team because they aren't paid enough by the WICB, so they have to go play T20 competitions around the world.
The Windies have a great starting base for their test side but their white ball teams are really poor.
What were we really expecting in these ODI''s? The Windies didn't even qualify for the World Cup, and were beaten by Zimbabwe, Netherlands and Scotland in successive matches in the WC qualifiers.

Back