2nd ODI Australia v West Indies Feb 4 1400hrs @ the SCG

Who will win?

• West Indies

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

we can barely fit these 3 ODIs & 3 T20s in the summer vs WI and you want to schedule a tri series? how and when are we supposed to fit that in? :think:
Because we're off to NZ for a 2-match test series in what is usually a period of downtime before a March tour of SEA.

There isn't much hope of that happening unless this bloke comes back from the dead.

148ec38d-packer.jpg
Let's not idolise the man too much - he tried his hardest to control every sport he came in touch with by throwing money at it. The Saudis would have loved him in the t20 era.

Because we're off to NZ for a 2-match test series in what is usually a period of downtime before a March tour of SEA.
so you would still schedule it after the Test series when the fans are over International cricket because it's time to focus on the start of AFL/NRL season? there's no right/wrong answer b/c if you tried to schedule it before the Test series (assuming availability of the 2 overseas competing teams), people might not care about it then either.

so you would still schedule it after the Test series when the fans are over International cricket because it's time to focus on the start of AFL/NRL season? there's no right/wrong answer b/c if you tried to schedule it before the Test series (assuming availability of the 2 overseas competing teams), people might not care about it then either.
Well if you're going to be entirely defeatist in a hypothetical situation that won't happen anyway I'm not sure what there is to discuss

Carty's looked pretty solid in both ODIs so far. Bit of a shame he's only got the 1 50 so far out of both innings.

Well if you're going to be entirely defeatist in a hypothetical situation that won't happen anyway I'm not sure what there is to discuss
Im starting to think we will never see a tri series again given how much franchise T20 cricket there is days.

I remember England used to host tri series as well, one involving them, Bangladesh and Australia.

Im starting to think we will never see a tri series again given how much franchise T20 cricket there is days.

I remember England used to host tri series as well, one involving them, Bangladesh and Australia.
If we ever got a tri-series again a t20 tri will be the way it does happen.

Seems the smaller African nations would do well to have a tri-series - they mostly play white ball cricket and aren't too far from each other. Zimbabwe, Namibia, Kenya? Obviously it ain't gonna be a world stopper but would potentially keep costs down.

Im thinking if the Asian block of countries can host their ODI or T20 series every 2 years usually involving: India, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Afghanistan , then maybe Australia could organize something with New Zealand and host their own 4 nation tournament.

eg Australia, West Indies, South Africa , New Zealand in a quadrangle series with Australia and NZ co-hosting. Thats the only way I could see a series of some sort being back on our shores in ODI.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im thinking if the Asian block of countries can host their ODI or T20 series every 2 years usually involving: India, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Afghanistan , then maybe Australia could organize something with New Zealand and host their own 4 nation tournament.

eg Australia, West Indies, South Africa , New Zealand in a quadrangle series with Australia and NZ co-hosting. Thats the only way I could see a series of some sort being back on our shores in ODI.
One of the big benefits to me would be that they would play their ODIs in segmented blocks. Rather than 2-3 ODIs every few months, one big block of ODIs every 6-8 months would benefit them being able to adjust strategy and remember the game. As the Aussies showed, they had to relearn the format in those first few games of the world cup.

One of the big benefits to me would be that they would play their ODIs in segmented blocks. Rather than 2-3 ODIs every few months, one big block of ODIs every 6-8 months would benefit them being able to adjust strategy and remember the game. As the Aussies showed, they had to relearn the format in those first few games of the world cup.
I sort of get your point but a benefit to who? Asian countries who host their own Asia Cup ?

Recent Asia Cup last 6 versions would have alternated between ODI, and T20

1707041018065.png

Here is my idea for a 4 nations tournament every year which involves both Australia and New Zealand as co-hosts.

Instead of these useless bilateral series, 4 teams , 12 games in the group stages. 1st v 2nd in the Final. You can have a best of 3 series Finals if keen.

Australia host 6 games, NZ host 6 games. If my maths is right, there would be 2 neutral games in that lot.

I sort of get your point but a benefit to who? Asian countries who host their own Asia Cup ?

Recent Asia Cup last 6 versions would have alternated between ODI, and T20

View attachment 1898664

Here is my idea for a 4 nations tournament every year which involves both Australia and New Zealand as co-hosts.

Instead of these useless bilateral series, 4 teams , 12 games in the group stages. 1st v 2nd in the Final. You can have a best of 3 series Finals if keen.

Australia host 6 games, NZ host 6 games. If my maths is right, there would be 2 neutral games in that lot.
That's fair, my idea of Ind/Pak was more that they would have crowds at neutral games that other teams wouldn't. But if they've got the Asia Cup then yeah probably have to look elsewhere. South Africa, scheduling their neutral games in Perth?

Double edged sword - you can put the neutral games in small regional venues but at the same time you kind of want to put the neutral games closer to the city to get as many expats/immigrants as possible

Back