2nd ODI Australia v West Indies Feb 4 1400hrs @ the SCG

Who will win?

• West Indies

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Is what it is.. sides aren’t even sending there best XI now a day
Outside World Cups, sadly teams wont care much about bilateral series anymore. It might be a bit sad for some when winning a Hundred or IPL Trophy has more meaning than winning a bilateral trophy.

We will never get to see those amazing ODI games where playing for your country mattered, I think back to some amazing ODI games: the 434 v 438 game, Bevans win in 1996 on New Years Day off the last ball, when Sri Lanka brought their revolutionary style of attack to Australia on Australia shores with an attacking mindset in the opening overs (and actually won too)........back then those games were played in front of peak crowds with pure interest.

Need to do something about the grounded catches reviews, very hard to prove 100% either way, although that was totally a catch. Process just needs to be quicker or more clarification with the laws.

Outside World Cups, sadly teams wont care much about bilateral series anymore. It might be a bit sad for some when winning a Hundred or IPL Trophy has more meaning than winning a bilateral trophy.

We will never get to see those amazing ODI games where playing for your country mattered, I think back to some amazing ODI games: the 434 v 438 game, Bevans win in 1996 on New Years Day off the last ball, when Sri Lanka brought their revolutionary style of attack to Australia on Australia shores with an attacking mindset in the opening overs (and actually won too)........back then those games were played in front of peak crowds with pure interest.

Calendar is too packed now with T20’s.. 50 over game will be removed sooner or later.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Calendar is too packed now with T20’s.. 50 over game will be removed sooner or later.
i have to agree with you as sad as this sounds.

It will be interesting to note how in future Cricket Australia plan international summers here.

England toured West Indies for white ball in December 2023, where they played 3 ODIs and 5 T20s. Wouldnt surprise me if the weight of scales tipped more T20 cricket internationals than ODIs played in Australia.

Deep down Cricket Australia know T20 is where the money is too.

Tests and Franchise cricket will be the future of cricket with World Cup qualifiers and a T20 World Cup every 4 years.

Wonder if it would have been better playing 5, 6 or 7 T20I and no ODIs. Pick the extended squad that is going to the WC and get games into them. Each city could have had a game. 1 each 2nd or 3rd night, done in 2 weeks.

Test players could have rested the first half of matches, then full strength side the last couple of matches in Sydney and Melbourne, hopefully draws a crowd.

Still not quite comfortable with that call - I know it's to the letter of the law, so it's not a catch officially, but he genuinely did seem in control the entire time.

It’s consistent in the ruling at least that’s all you can ask. I’m fine with the Starc catch being not out.

It’s consistent in the ruling at least that’s all you can ask. I’m fine with the Starc catch being not out.
Absolutely, as I said, its the correct call to the laws of the game, which is all you can ask for in the moment.

Absolutely, as I said, its the correct call to the laws of the game, which is all you can ask for in the moment.

Yep, I’d rather not be black and white so to speak. Only thing personally o have issue with is the umpires call on impact in DRS decisions, it’s either in line or not take your pick that’s not a projection like the hitting part of the stumps is.

Yep, I’d rather not be black and white so to speak. Only thing personally o have issue with is the umpires call on impact in DRS decisions, it’s either in line or not take your pick that’s not a projection like the hitting part of the stumps is.
I saw someone on here recently explain that the ball in LBW actually is not what the system does. It actually gives a much larger circle - the ICC just chose to put a ball in the middle of a much larger circle. It completely changed my view of DRS and I wish that people would explain that as clearly the commentators don't understand this.

Back