3rd ODI Australia v West Indies Feb 6 1400hrs @ Manuka Oval

Who will win?

• West Indies

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Australia from, Steve Smith (C), Travis Head, Marnus Labuschagne, Matthew Short, Jake Fraser-McGurk, Cameron Green, Aaron Hardie, Sean Abbott, Will Sutherland, Josh Inglis, Lance Morris, Adam Zampa, Xavier Bartlett
West Indies from, Shai Hope (C), Alick Athanaze, Teddy Bishop, Kavem Hodge, Kjorn Ottley, Keacy Carty, Roston Chase, Justin Greaves, Tevin Imlach, Alzarri Joseph, Matthew Forde, Gudakesh Motie, Romario Shepherd, Oshane Thomas, Hayden Walsh

Just quietly if we win this match we will have the 3rd equal longest ODI winning streak ever
Which is crazy to think about when you look back to how a lot of us were feeling about the team going into the WC and after the first 2 games. If they win their next 3 matches they will have the outright 2nd longest winning streak ever, nuts

Which is crazy to think about when you look back to how a lot of us were feeling about the team going into the WC and after the first 2 games. If they win their next 3 matches they will have the outright 2nd longest winning streak ever, nuts
Also, the strongest cricket teams are usually (as in, outside the WC) the weakest teams as they don't prioritise it. India, England, Aus, SA, NZ treat it like the middle child whilst the smaller teams play heaps of the format. So it's genuinely far more impressive to take the record now than it was 20 years ago.

I would bat Marnus at three tomorrow and put greenie at 5. Marnus looks horribly out of form and he needs a long bat in the middle

Fraser-McGurk
Inglis
Marnus
SMith
Green
Hardie
Abbott
Xavier
Zamps
Hazelwood
Morris

Here we go.
Every pre game says no game around here.
The lengths people go to fit in.
Forecast has changed slightly since last night. Instead of heavy rain with possible storm afternoon and into the night, its now late morning to early afternoon according to BoM. Not raining yet this side of town (was pre-dawn), not sure about manuka.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just looked it up and in the summer of 81/82 Australia played fourteen ODIs and then three more across the ditch.

Makes sense. ODIs began January 1971 so we would need to average 18-19 matches a year.

1000 just feels low when you consider Steve Waugh and Michael Clarke have 570 between them, and didn’t overlap at all.

Game 3:

West Indies (Playing XI): Alick Athanaze, Teddy Bishop, Kjorn Ottley, Shai Hope(w/c), Keacy Carty, Roston Chase, Romario Shepherd, Matthew Forde, Alzarri Joseph, Gudakesh Motie, Oshane Thomas

Australia (Playing XI): Jake Fraser-McGurk, Josh Inglis(w), Aaron Hardie, Steven Smith(c), Cameron Green, Marnus Labuschagne, Sean Abbott, Will Sutherland, Xavier Bartlett, Adam Zampa, Lance Morris

Australia have won the toss and have opted to field

Game 3:

West Indies (Playing XI): Alick Athanaze, Teddy Bishop, Kjorn Ottley, Shai Hope(w/c), Keacy Carty, Roston Chase, Romario Shepherd, Matthew Forde, Alzarri Joseph, Gudakesh Motie, Oshane Thomas

Australia (Playing XI): Jake Fraser-McGurk, Josh Inglis(w), Aaron Hardie, Steven Smith(c), Cameron Green, Marnus Labuschagne, Sean Abbott, Will Sutherland, Xavier Bartlett, Adam Zampa, Lance Morris

Australia have won the toss and have opted to field
Hardie at three ??? don't mind it but marnus at six???..he needs time in the middle

think they are looking at Spencer for the t20s
Hopefully. I'm staggered he's not in the squad for the NZ T20s.

He proved me wrong but I was honestly even surprised Bartlett got the gig over Spencer.

Back