West Indies v England Best of 5 T20s Dec 12-Dec 21 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Im thinking if he cant do this against the current World Champs, no reason why he couldnt do it to other sides.

You just dont know what you get the West Indies these days. Their best can beat anyone on their day, their worst means they can lose to the likes of a Scotland or Netherlands.

They are an enigma

This is a question that confused me tonight. Why are there so many English in the crowd, i reckon its a 75:25 crowd in favour of the English. Is this a common winter vacation spot for the English? And its pretty much close to a full house over there.

Do you reckon he may be one of these guys that underperforms more than what he is known for?

Oh hell yes.

I’ve said this from basically the beginning.

Have a look at his record, and then have a look at some of his better performances on the field.

That century - or double century - on debut against Bangladesh wasn’t just borderline ‘in the mix’, it WAS and still is one of the greatest innings in test history. I don’t care who it was against. Bangladesh are a legitimately competitive team at home, they had set a big target, the West Indies are 3-59 chasing 400, and he hits 200 on an Asian deck in the fourth innings, on test debut. His second century against the same opposition was at 4-140, he smacks 143 off 200.

He destroyed England with the ball to win them a test.

His lone odi century against a full member nation was against Southee, Boult, Ferguson and Santner opening the batting!

He played at the Gabba what is quite possibly the best shot that has been played this century - that back-foot drive into the second tier that went 108 metres.

As a Windies fan if you offered me a genie to let me unlock one player’s full potential, it would be his.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is some swagger - not false swagger, either - about the team just starting to creep into it as well at the moment.

Having Russell walk out to bat the way he does will always help that to be fair
Well there is no doubt that the West Indies have some sort of fire in the belly for not qualifying for last years main T20 World Cup event.

Hosein also has to be one of the most underrated spinners in the white ball format. Watched a bit of the T10 league in Abu Dhabi and he played a big role in helping his team win the championship. He also had a good game against England last night.

Awesomely I’ve just read that Holder opted out of a central contract so I’m not sure where that leaves him with regard to the test squad. It doesn’t preclude him from playing but I would imagine it makes it a decent percentage less likely :(

Awesomely I’ve just read that Holder opted out of a central contract so I’m not sure where that leaves him with regard to the test squad. It doesn’t preclude him from playing but I would imagine it makes it a decent percentage less likely :(
The Cricket WI press release says:

"NOTE: Jason Holder, Kyle Mayers and Nicholas Pooran declined the offer of central contracts but confirmed their availability for all West Indies T20 Internationals during the contract year."

So I'd say it doesn't look good for anything outside T20s.

The Cricket WI press release says:

"NOTE: Jason Holder, Kyle Mayers and Nicholas Pooran declined the offer of central contracts but confirmed their availability for all West Indies T20 Internationals during the contract year."

So I'd say it doesn't look good for anything outside T20s.

Yeah im not real pleased about it

Where's this Modie fellow been hiding? He's been killing it in all formats. Was he not an option on the Windies last tour down under?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back