India v Australia 5 T20s for the IDGAF Trophy.

Remove this Banner Ad

What this series showed to me is India probably need to move on from: Rohit Sharma , Virat Kohli and KL Rahul.

The younger generation are the more aggressive bats that dont play for personal accolades.
Had them all last year and didn't make the finals.

They really underachieved.
With that list on paper they heavily underperformed for sure.

Their imports look decent in Chris Jordan and getting rid of D'Arcy Short was the right move.

Also acquiring Peter Hatzoglou is an astute move to partner up with Dooley.

You would imagine they would improve this season.

Sorry, is a ball that bounces over the batsman's head no longer a 'no ball'?
A no ball are common for:

1) bowler steps over the white line
2) bowler bowls the ball off the pitch
3) if the bowler (does a Murali) and chucks the ball

And specifically what you may be referring to the MCC law:

"
21.10 Ball bouncing over head height of striker

The umpire shall call and signal No ball for any delivery which, after pitching, passes or would have passed over head height of the striker standing upright at the popping crease."

If i stand to be corrected the batsman was not standing upright at the time of delivery. Wade crouched down.

From Wikipedia:"In professional cricket, the Laws of Cricket are often modified by a playing regulation that any ball over head height is a Wide ball, but a second fast ball above shoulder height in an over is a no-ball, e.g. in International T20 Cricket and IPLT20."

If India are serious about winning world cup in 2024 in T20, I reckon their best XI in this form: Gill, Jaiswal, Yadav, Hardik Pandya, RInku Singh, Jadeja, Jitesh Sharma (wk), Axar Patel , Ashwin, Bumrah, Mohammed Shami

Kohli anchors and chews up a bit too many deliveries. Kohli, Rohit Sharma and KL Rahul probably cost India a grand Final spot in 2022.

Will they do it? if they are serious of winning it they would drop them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good this series is over

So what did we learn going forward for the WC in 24 next year?

1. Stupid timing to have a series after a major tournament
2. younger players not stepping up when given an opportunity
3. Inglis Maxi hundreds..both have the all round game for t20
4. Dorff is a serious bowler in the t20 format
5. David never finishes games as he should be at this stage of his career
6. Wade still has the game..to finish games
7. Sangha I thought showed some promise as a backup spinner
8. Dwarhasis showed some promise with the ball
9. Head batted really well seeing he was P88sed/hungover every match when batting lol

oh and forget Smith shouldn't be playing t20

Good this series is over

So what did we learn going forward for the WC in 24 next year?

1. Stupid timing to have a series after a major tournament
2. younger players not stepping up when given an opportunity
3. Inglis Maxi hundreds..both have the all round game for t20
4. Dorff is a serious bowler in the t20 format
5. David never finishes games as he should be at this stage of his career
6. Wade still has the game..to finish games
7. Sangha I thought showed some promise as a backup spinner
8. Dwarhasis showed some promise with the ball
9. Head batted really well seeing he was P88sed/hungover every match when batting lol

oh and forget Smith shouldn't be playing t20
I’d love to know how regularly Tim David has finished games off in the 2nd innings for the majority of T20 franchises/country around the world . If he is playing purely as a bat, he definitely needs to be doing more in his role. No point getting good 20s and 30s than getting out exposing the tail to a chase.

You very rarely see him not out at the end of an innings . Last 2 games were great opportunities for australia to win. Also you could make a case in point Wade needs to be batting higher than 7.

I’d love to know how regularly Tim David has finished games off in the 2nd innings for the majority of T20 franchises/country around the world . If he is playing purely as a bat, he definitely needs to be doing more in his role. No point getting good 20s and 30s than getting out exposing the tail to a chase.

You very rarely see him not out at the end of an innings . Last 2 games were great opportunities for australia to win. Also you could make a case in point Wade needs to be batting higher than 7.
David is not progressing as he should at this stage of his career ...its no good smashing a few couple of good shots and getting 20 you need to be there at the end of the innings and guide us to a win...never seen it happen yet

Frustrating that the opportunity is there just not taking it

If it keeps continuing I can see him losing his IPL gig and just playing in mercenary comps in the UAE etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Back