2023 ICC Men's Cricket World Cup Game 5 India v Australia 8/10 1900hrs @ MA Chidambaran Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think Agar would have made much difference, he might have scored a few more runs than Zamoa but he would've got tonked too.

Disagree those left arm spinners all are effective over in India. He’s a bigger loss than many think especially when our brainless selectors pick a batsman to replace him. The whole squad has errors since the beginning, and blind Freddy knows it

Don’t get why Maxwell keeps getting selected

Was our best spinner tonight. The issue is his batting but really how about the top order bat decently to give a platform. It’s why I hate the Marsh as opener thing it would be better him at 5 and Maxwell at 6. Open with Green

Ditto. Then Marsh dropped that. He was very very poor tonight

Never enough runs we’ve done well to only lose with them chasing it with 10 to go. Not going to blame a catch in the field when the game was over after the terrible batting

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 1825899

Not the end of the world

Will be if we get smashed next match with Head still 2-3 games away at least. Did feel we had to split our first two games, we aren’t beating England on form they just are a lot better and that’s not even considering NZ

I haven't seen all the games, but have the teams batting first usually faced the more challenging conditions so far?

Not really but dew does come into play in India.

Not really but dew does come into play in India.
Yeah, I thought the dew would be a factor... I'm just a bit puzzled by Australia's thinking in batting first. I would have thought making India bowl second with the dew coming into play would have helped minimise one of their clearest advantages over us in the quality of their spinners. And I'm not sure you want Kohli chasing runs...

Yeah, I thought the dew would be a factor... I'm just a bit puzzled by Australia's thinking in batting first. I would have thought making India bowl second with the dew coming into play would have helped minimise one of their clearest advantages over us in the quality of their spinners. And I'm not sure you want Kohli chasing runs...

We’ve been hopeless chasing lately I sort of agree (or at least understand) with it but just not against India with Kholi the bloke dead set averages 100+ chasing.

It's the hope that kills ya hey!!

Marsh is obviously one of our best short-term players but he'll want that whole day back.

4/20 and Kohli out with minimal impact and it's game ******* on.

I don't know which is more painful... watching Australia playing the in the rugby world cup or the cricket world cup. Perhaps the teams got mixed up and swapped out. :think:
Talk about the hope killing ya!!

Portugal need to win by 8 for the wallabies to advance and they are currently up by 7...

For the uninitiated in rugby Portugal just winning would be one of rugby's great upsets, let alone winning by 8.

There is surely no way this happens for Australia.

Similar story with the Ashes. We have the opposition on the ropes and we let it slip away through either throwing away a cheap wicket or poor fielding. India still could've chased it down, but 4/20 with Kohli out and it's an entirely different game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back