2023 ICC Men's Cricket World Cup Game 26 Pakistan v South Africa 27/10 1900hrs @ MA Chidambaran Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

What a ******* let down by the spinner there. An absolute gift...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's that, 1 good game from 20?
The dullest WC I have watched.

Ump didn't want to decide the match but did just that. Not a terrible call either way IMO.
Which is fine, IF there was no umpires call. I’m more and more coming around to the tech either saying out or not out, and nothing else. It will be insanely annoying for those skimming the edge wickets, but maybe it’s the lesser of two evils

This will be the first close game of the World Cup.
Great call!

South Africa are so powerful with the bat, but all that hitting when it comes off turns in to 400, but wickets encourage the other team back in to the game and can get the lower order in a bind.

They only needed 70 off the last 20 overs with 6 wickets in hand, and 21 to win with 4 wickets in hand off 10 overs.

Lucky to escape, but are vulnerable chasing this type of score.

England aren't going to play poorly in all of their games.
Even if England win every game from here (which they obviously won't), they still won't make finals.

You've been on this weird "Australia suck, England rule" vibe since three weeks before the world cup even started.

I don't understand it?

We're not locked into the semi finals just yet (but I reckon we are 97% of the way there) but England's tournament is completely done and dusted.

Great call!

South Africa are so powerful with the bat, but all that hitting when it comes off turns in to 400, but wickets encourage the other team back in to the game and can get the lower order in a bind.

They only needed 70 off the last 20 overs with 6 wickets in hand, and 21 to win with 4 wickets in hand off 10 overs.

Lucky to escape, but are vulnerable chasing this type of score.
Last night proved that batting first against South Africa is a must (assuming you have a choice of course). They got away with it last night, but in a pressure cooker of a World Cup semi final, they might not be so lucky.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back