2023 ICC Men's Cricket World Cup Game 5 India v Australia 8/10 1900hrs @ MA Chidambaran Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Really mate, give it a rest.

All you do is continually throw s**t at blokes who are trying their best.
When someone does something well, you never comment.

Calling them losers.
FFS.

Most of them are millionaires traveling the world playing cricket, whilst you're
in your one bedroom apartment jerking off over Sydney Stack's highlight reel.

FFS.
Oh sorry , I didn't realise they were millionaires . My comments were some late night comedy but I still say Green and Zampa , or if you will Gampa, are overated
It was an unAustralian effort last night.

Last edited:
No it is a poor ageing side in transition with nothing in the cupboard - we cannot win this with a spinner who doesn’t spin it

I do agree somewhat .Especially as Zampa seems to have really lost his confidence.

But you only need to have the likes of Marsh or Maxwell to really find some form or if the ball swings early for Starc then anything can happen

I wouldn't be giving up hope yet.

For those at the back who missed it the first time:
Across 2020-21-22, he scored 1300 runs at almost 40, and a strike rate of over 120, and he bowls, and he is a gun fielder.

Does that explain it?
And he did all that batting mostly at 7 with a clearly defined role that Aaron Finch gave him and he excelled at. Why he's now batting 5 in a completely different role I just do not get.

Oh sorry , I didn't realise they were millionaires . My comments were some late night comedy but I still say Green and Zampa , or if you will Gampa, are overated
It was an unAustralian effort last night.

Australia are rarely as bad as they were last night but I thought it kind of highlighted a few things that make some of the other sides more of a threat:
SA for example have one ‘banker’ who is there to just play pretty normally and that is Bavuma. RVDD and Klaasen can both bat steady if required and so can Markram but realistically all 3 of them, plus QDK, plus Miller, are all game breakers. England are a bit the same, Root is the banker if things go wrong, the rest have a primary role of just going hammer and tong.

Australia at the moment has a few players who CAN bust the game open: Marsh, Warner, Maxwell. But for the most part those times are the exception, and it is the bankers like Smith, Marnus and Carey (who is out of form anyway) that they seem to be relying on too much.

It’s like the explosive players are succeeding once every 4-5 games and the reliable guys are called into action in the others, whereas for the form sides, it’s the other way around

Australia are rarely as bad as they were last night but I thought it kind of highlighted a few things that make some of the other sides more of a threat:
SA for example have one ‘banker’ who is there to just play pretty normally and that is Bavuma. RVDD and Klaasen can both bat steady if required and so can Markram but realistically all 3 of them, plus QDK, plus Miller, are all game breakers. England are a bit the same, Root is the banker if things go wrong, the rest have a primary role of just going hammer and tong.

Australia at the moment has a few players who CAN bust the game open: Marsh, Warner, Maxwell. But for the most part those times are the exception, and it is the bankers like Smith, Marnus and Carey (who is out of form anyway) that they seem to be relying on too much.

It’s like the explosive players are succeeding once every 4-5 games and the reliable guys are called into action in the others, whereas for the form sides, it’s the other way around
I don't like Marsh opening when the ball is moving

This Australian team is very similar to the team four years ago that didn't perform very well. Not quite sure why they expected a different result. I understand that perhaps the cupboard is a little bare but it's almost like they looked at the ages of guys like Warner, Smith, Maxwell, Stoinis etc and just assumed they could go round one more time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Australia are certainly missing Head and a middle order hitter other than Maxwell but if Smith is a banker then so are RVDD and Malan.

You've changed your tune lol...What happened to comfortably making the semi's & beating one of India/Eng along the way

On Redmi Note 8 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

We decided to not pick enough spinners for starters non fussed if we do much anyway. The key will be the SA game and our best defensive quick in Ellis isn’t even there

I'm old enough to remember when we actually won this thing. I'm beyond filthy about this, it's a f***ing disgrace.

Agree 100%.

Me and you don't agree on many things but we have common ground here.

Australia is now a 2nd tier nation in rugby union....the wallabies used to be the pride of the nation.

Circa 2001, 2002....the wallabies were probably the most respected international Australian side across all codes - they were even probably above the Australian cricket team, especially when John Eales was captain.

Our fall in rugby union is akin to the West Indies fall in cricket from the mid 90s.

The bowling looks pretty harmless after Starc & Hazelwood.

I thought Australia had a great chance to beat India yesterday before the match.

What a disappointment. Australian cricket has fallen off a cliff the last 6 to 8 months.

The decline in our cricket in such a short space of time is very concerning.

Cameron Green has regressed markedly - his batting is timid and his bowling is club like. I'm convinced he must be carrying an injury or hot spot.

I'd love to see Green shelve the bowling and open the batting in all formats once Warner retires.

We lack intent and purpose with the bat and in the field.

If we make the semis we're are doing very well indeed on the available evidence.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back