Certified Legendary Thread 2023 ICC Men's Cricket World Cup Game 48 The Final India v Australia 19/11 1900hrs @ Narendra Modi Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Tip of the hat to Nasser & Athers they actually give Australia credit, Athers described the pitch as a pudding lol.

They always do.

They are very quick to defend or talk up - often baselessly - England, but they are pretty fair with their praise of Australia. Having both spent most of their careers being flogged by them they’ve seen enough to know when to give a wrap

From the moment Sharma got out, India played like a team trying not to lose and Australia played the whole game like a team thinking "* it, let's just see what happens".

I think you’re half right.

I do think you’re selling the Aussies short though, they had a lot of self belief, but they didn’t throw caution to the wind, they were measured in their approach.

I feel like Australia played like a team that had planned and was willing to grind for 100 overs to win.

India played like a side which wanted to blow the opposition away in 20 overs and then cruise the rest. You saw it in the way they responded after Sharma got out, and the way they responded once Trav started to get going. In both instances they got momentum and then expected to bulldoze through. Which is kind of understandable when you have the tournament they did, but finals cricket rarely works like that, and when they lost control they looked defeated.

They always do.

They are very quick to defend or talk up - often baselessly - England, but they are pretty fair with their praise of Australia. Having both spent most of their careers being flogged by them they’ve seen enough to know when to give a wrap
It’s sad, but opposition commentators actually show the current team far more respect than our own do.

I think you’re half right.

I do think you’re selling the Aussies short though, they had a lot of self belief, but they didn’t throw caution to the wind, they were measured in their approach.

I feel like Australia played like a team that had planned and was willing to grind for 100 overs to win.

India played like a side which wanted to blow the opposition away in 20 overs and then cruise the rest. You saw it in the way they responded after Sharma got out, and the way they responded once Trav started to get going. In both instances they got momentum and then expected to bulldoze through. Which is kind of understandable when you have the tournament they did, but finals cricket rarely works like that, and when they lost control they looked defeated.
Yep, fair call. I probably didn't explain it very well. Australia had a very clear game plan for the day.

But do I think Australia win regardless of toss and who batted/bowled first. India didn't deal with the pressure.

“It was a brave decision from Cummins to bowl first at the toss,” Hussain told Sky Sports.

“A weak captain would make a decision that, if it goes wrong and you lose, it makes you look less bad. But he made a really brave decision and the right decision.

“He absolutely nailed it. He nailed everything today: field placements, bowling changes.

“Everything was spot on.”

-----

High praise from Nasser "Insane" - Someone who copped it for sending in the aussies copied the first test at the gabba and ended day one 2/364.

Pat could haves batted first and lost and no one would blink an eye at the decision, but pat was going to try and win his way.
He also said England had a bad world cup because they'd just come off an ashes series.

I just love how the Indians are complaining they were beaten by a pitch that they doctored :) Carrying on that bowling first gave Australia the advantage when Rohit Sharma said he'd have batted first anyway. After putting up with England's crap, and now from India, I'm almost over international cricket.

Are you kidding? This makes it much more enjoyable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am Kaif

Guardians Of The Galaxy GIF by Marvel

I am Kaif haha

Warnie's little nugget in his book 5 years ago no one noticed has re-surfaced after Kaif has made a fool of himself this week.

At times his agenda was annoying when it came to certain things.

But Warnie was still face and centre & keeping cricket relevant even after retirement.

If he was still us he would still be s**t stirring his good mate Graeme Smith, Daryl Cullinan and the Saffas after another Semi Final loss.

And giving it to the Indians after the final if he was still here.

He would have been jabbing the Poms as well about there woeful WC.

I am Kaif haha

Warnie's little nugget in his book 5 years ago no one noticed has re-surfaced after Kaif has made a fool of himself this week.

At times his agenda was annoying when it came to certain things.

But Warnie was still face and centre & keeping cricket relevant even after retirement.

If he was still us he would still be s**t stirring his good mate Graeme Smith, Daryl Cullinan and the Saffas after another Semi Final loss.

And giving it to the Indians after the final if he was still here.

He would have been jabbing the Poms as well about there woeful WC.
He wasn’t even any good

To be fair rohit handled loss about as well as he could have, he praised his team for their overall efforts in wc expressed his disappointment in the final and gave credit to opposition he handled whole thing very well considering pressure he is under.
You don't recall his dummy spit after the Australians beat them in the World test Championship ?

You don't recall his dummy spit after the Australians beat them in the World test Championship ?

Well he did say "as well as he could have" In the WTC it was a full-on dummy spit, in the WC it was a 3/4 dummy spit.
So progress I suppose?

🤣

What they real headline should be "India stunned by Australia's pitch knowledge".

What they assumed was an advantage was turned in to a weakness

Ashwin described Australia as "tactically outstanding" while also noting that the Australian hierarchy had done their homework regarding the conditions at the Narendra Modi Stadium.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back