Certified Legendary Thread 2023 ICC Men's Cricket World Cup Game 48 The Final India v Australia 19/11 1900hrs @ Narendra Modi Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Off the top of my head, I think he played in that famous 2004-05 series. Might have jagged a 50; don't exactly remember.

He hung around their ODI side for a while during that time.
Made a duck in the 2003 World Cup final.

"I am Kaif!"
Guardians Of The Galaxy GIF

Was there a monetary prize as well as the gold cup?
Yep $4M USD for winners, half of that for runners up. Then some for other placings and participation and group stage wins.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ashwin described Australia as "tactically outstanding" while also noting that the Australian hierarchy had done their homework regarding the conditions at the Narendra Modi Stadium.

I was about to say similar.

Ravi Ashwin's full video (about 20 minutes long and in Hindi, which I skim watched when I was bored) documents what went well and not so well for India and was great at highlighting all their weaknesses and how the convincing nature of many of their wins papered over tactical errors. Gave full credit, with no qualifications at all, for Australia's tactics during the final - they had a plan, they stuck to it, and they had the mentality to pull it off. From the video you get the feeling he has massive respect for Australia.

Foxsports (surprise) has just butchered the headlines and reporting of what Ashwin said.

Why bowl LMAO

Cummins winning the toss and bowling first, that's a surprise, I thought he would have chosen to bat after what happened in our semi final.

This is why you don't make a bowler captain fck me lol

Why bowl first my goodness

Welp, there goes any remote chance of a win.

WTF are we choosing to bowl first

What the god damn * Cummins you idiot.

In a final runs on the board I surely the play

My word we suck at this

Any chance we had of winning this game and we’ve pissed it away.

Turns out maybe George Bailey, Pat Cummins and all the others associated with that decision knew exactly what they were doing. But what would checks notes a legendary Indian player know about Indian pitches.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back