2023 ICC Men's Cricket World Cup Game 36 England v Australia 4/11 1900hrs @ Narendra Modhi Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

It appears Maxwell & Marsh will both be available for the next match, so it's going to be real interesting who they drop out of Stoinis/Green & Smith/Lab...I feel Lab has really closed the gap on Smith with that decision now.

Lab's played all 15 ODI's since the start of the SA tour;
693 runs @ 49.5, SR - 92
1 - 100, 4 - 50s

As opposed to Smith's 10 innings;
320 runs @ 32, SR - 90
2 - 50s

I think I'm going with this team on current form & in this order

Warner
Head
Lab
Green
Marsh
Maxwell
Inglis
Cummins
Starc
Zampa
Hazelwood

Green needs to go further up the order & Marsh isn't suited to No.3...Inglis also should move down a couple of places...Thoughts

On Redmi Note 8 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app
I like the team.

As Cummings won't bowl Green, he's basically picked as a bat.
So I imagine they will pick Stoinis over Green.

Can't see them dropping Smith even though they should.

Surely Livingstone misses.
I'm amazed this bloke gets a game for the national side. I remember watching him play for the Scorchers and thinking "is this seriously the best international they could find? Might as well play a local lad". Same with Willey when you compared him with Richardson, Behrendorff, Tye, etc. These guys were the dregs of the Scorchers and would get nowhere near an Australian side, yet they are locked into England's side.

F-JRHNnWUAERMFA

robert-redford-nod.gif

We now know that most of England's "success" was dependent on made to order wickets and postage stamp sized grounds.

Throw in a few wild slogs from The Stoker and there you have it.

They are done and dusted. Not surprisingly, crickets from eddiesmith

We still hold that precious urn.

Cop that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We now know that most of England's "success" was dependent on made to order wickets and postage stamp sized grounds.

Cop that.

Yep, explains the World Cup win just 12 months ago in Australia, never thought of the MCG as a postage stamp but there you have it from our resident genius…

I'm amazed this bloke gets a game for the national side. I remember watching him play for the Scorchers and thinking "is this seriously the best international they could find? Might as well play a local lad". Same with Willey when you compared him with Richardson, Behrendorff, Tye, etc. These guys were the dregs of the Scorchers and would get nowhere near an Australian side, yet they are locked into England's side.
I think Livingstone is a bit like Tim David.
Only really a T20 player.

Omg, if I see another post about population … there are more swimming pools in Victoria than there are in the whole of the UK; population has nothing , repeat nothing, to do with anything.
Swimming pools are wasted on people in the UK and Victorian's (well maybe Melburnians). Be lucky if you can use them a few months each year.

Omg, if I see another post about population … there are more swimming pools in Victoria than there are in the whole of the UK; population has nothing , repeat nothing, to do with anything.

Maybe not population but the fact that it is basically THE national pass time, basically the only sport that any Indian kid grows up seeing and caring about and any sporting kid gets pushed toward cricket makes a difference.

You speak to any Indian person and they know all about the World Cup whereas a fair proportion of Australians have no idea it's even on. Lots of money in cricket in India too.

India are only really elite in one sport (maybe two if you count the not very highly played Hockey) whereas Australia are elite in several sports and cricket gets less money, less players, less viewership than a number of other sports in Australia.

It's amazing we've been historically the best team in the world in those circumstances.

Cop that.
I don't know about you but I always knew their fraudulent game plan was always dependant on producing flat tracks and small grounds. Even their bowlers were complaining about how bad it had become.

It won't last. They'll get destroyed in Australia trying to slog to big boundaries and be forced to change

Maybe not population but the fact that it is basically THE national pass time, basically the only sport that any Indian kid grows up seeing and caring about and any sporting kid gets pushed toward cricket makes a difference.

You speak to any Indian person and they know all about the World Cup whereas a fair proportion of Australians have no idea it's even on. Lots of money in cricket in India too.

India are only really elite in one sport (maybe two if you count the not very highly played Hockey) whereas Australia are elite in several sports and cricket gets less money, less players, less viewership than a number of other sports in Australia.

It's amazing we've been historically the best team in the world in those circumstances.
Well India finally became a super-power in cricket 2008 when the IPL started and shitload of money started being invested into the sport/players.

CA and ECB still held the power of world cricket before then.

In a way we timed our dynasty perfectly between 1999-2007.

We also got the jump on India on women's cricket.

The Women have set the standard that India are closing the gap but will be harder to overtake us then the mens.

The Scorchers have had 64 players in their history. Players with a better batting average and strike rate for the Scorchers than Liam Livingstone:

Tim Bresnan (3 innings)
Laurie Evans
Craig Simmons
Herschelle Gibbs

That's it.

He also has the 2nd best bowling average in the history of the Scorchers.

Haha. Those days are long gone and forgotten.

England are getting what they deserved. And it is great to see.
Looking back now, winning the Ashes would have been a nice full stop for what has been a pretty decent era of English cricket which makes denying them that even sweeter.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back