2023 ICC Men's Cricket World Cup Game 44 England v Pakistan 11/11 1900hrs @ Eden Gardens

Remove this Banner Ad

England from, Jos Buttler (c), Moeen Ali, Gus Atkinson, Jonny Bairstow, Sam Curran, Liam Livingstone, Dawid Malan, Adil Rashid, Joe Root, Harry Brook, Ben Stokes, Brydon Carse, David Willey, Mark Wood, Chris Woakes.
Pakistan from, Babar Azam (c), Shadab Khan, Fakhar Zaman, Imam-ul-Haq, Abdullah Shafique, Mohammad Rizwan, Saud Shakeel, Iftikhar Ahmed, Salman Ali Agha, Mohammad Nawaz, Usama Mir, Haris Rauf, Hasan Ali, Shaheen Afridi, Mohammad Wasim.

Not sure I like a system where a team could realistically (though unlikely) increase their NRR to the required level batting first, but couldn't batting second
It has long been suggested that Duckworth/Lewis should be used in the calculation of tie break for/against, rather than net run rate per se.

For example, think back to that World Cup match we played against NZ in Auckland in 2015. We made 140-odd and NZ chased the runs in I think the 24th over, 9 down. It was an absolutely brilliant match, Kane Williamson finished it with a 6 but we were basically 1 ball away from winning it ourselves. But as it happened our NRR absolutely hemorrhaged, because NZ got our runs in less than half the time.

Were DLS used instead, we would have been credited with 145, while NZ might have been credited with say 150 or 155. Far more representative of the game as it actually happened.

Good luck to Pakistan, i hope they make it to the semis. NZ is our banana slip but I am ready to take revenge for last world cup. Come at me Kibis

England chose to bat first and thus ruin any hopes, however minimal for Pakistan to make the semi finals.

Boooooooooooooooo England.

Hilarious dismissal from Rizwan, he gets done like a dinner by Rashid with a stumping and then pretends to get another cramp to excuse it.

Have to say kiwis pretty damn lucky to be going to semi finals they are going to end up losing to top 3 teams and 5th place team and still sneaking into next round anyway.

Which team deserved to make the semi finals ahead of us? Pakistan and Afghanistan had their chances to make the semis but bottled them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have to say kiwis pretty damn lucky to be going to semi finals they are going to end up losing to top 3 teams and 5th place team and still sneaking into next round anyway.
I suppose some minnows have to make it for marketing purposes.

Qualified for the Champions Trophy so not just a consolation win.

Showed the Kiwis how to defend a score against Pakistan

If only England knew how to defend a score against the Kiwis and Sri Lanka, if you had won both of those games you would be in the semis.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back