2023 ICC Men's Cricket World Cup Game 47 Second Semi Final South Africa v Australia 16/11 1900hrs @ Eden Gardens

Remove this Banner Ad

Whilst a big mountain to climb for Aust overcoming the hosts in the final. Aust has exceeded a lot of expectations, especially after being 0-2 early on. One last effort from the squad to put their efforts on par, or even in front of past Aust ODI WC winning squads.

Thought it was one of the best bowling pitches of the World cup...pace bounce seam and spin

Reckon it wont be like that for the final

What sharma wants he gets :rolleyes:

Wouldnt surprise me if they pull out a 5th day raging bunsen burner for the wicket ...BCCI is probably on the phone to the groundsmen right now

Yes I have issues with his style but credit where credit is due...he has captained us to a WC final and played some crucial knocks with the bat on the way and been very good in the field
Whilst tactically no Einstein, I agree you can't fault Cummins appetite for the fight, and whilst hasn't been at his best with the ball, has bowled some decent overs and hung in there and contributed with the bat.

Whilst a big mountain to climb for Aust overcoming the hosts in the final. Aust has exceeded a lot of expectations, especially after being 0-2 early on. One last effort from the squad to put their efforts on par, or even in front of past Aust ODI WC winning squads.
This team has looked very average at times, doesn't seem World champion team like the teams of old, but they are in the final and if just a few players are 'on', they are very much a chance.

Why can't India and England win cricket matches without having to interfere with the preparation of a pitch? Both excellent sides who don't need blatant interference to suit their needs.

Are Australia the only country where our cricket board doesn't actively request pitches?
Pretty sure Plugger will say the Black Caps don't, as the NZ culture is the epitome of fairness and righteousness.....unless it involves anything Australian....then the red mist sets in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One other huge reason we won was the fielding. I watched until the rain break at 4/42 as I Had an early start today. We must have saved 30 runs in the field in that short time. That produced a couple of those wickets from that pressure of not being able to score. That could have been 72 from those 14 overs if it wasn't for that fielding. Rather than the pressure of 4 wickets down at just 3 and over, that could have been 5 on over.

Why can't India and England win cricket matches without having to interfere with the preparation of a pitch? Both excellent sides who don't need blatant interference to suit their needs.

Are Australia the only country where our cricket board doesn't actively request pitches?
Wait until the tests start as this board loses its collective minds over roads being prepared at the behest of CA to make the games go for longer...

They may not request them but..... a tour to Australia for most sides is nearing impossible, most touring sides can't bowl, can't bat on our pitches for whatever reasons.

In fact Australia home Test series are amongst the most boring world wide because of how one sided majority of Series are, watch this summer we'll beat Pakistan 3-0 and Windies 2-0, our batsmen will average 100 and bowlers average 14.

He’s our best 3 by a mile
He hasn't scored 2 hundreds and 1 fifty batting at three with an average of 53 and strike of 107 has he though luke ??

Marsh has to bat in the top three ...simple for me...you don't want marsh coming in down the order against the softer spinning ball . Mitch batting in the top three has worked ..simple

Smudge has just not looked switched on all World Cup for me.....that shot last night was just F88king horrific and if we lost ....well....:rolleyes:

In fact Australia home Test series are amongst the most boring world wide because of how one sided majority of Series are, watch this summer we'll beat Pakistan 3-0 and Windies 2-0, our batsmen will average 100 and bowlers average 14.
Don't discount pakistan...yes I agree the windies are not very good atm...but pakistan on there day...yes I understand there record is poor in Aus but on a fast bouncy Perth Deck......they can do some damage and they have the artillery in there line up to cause our batters some trouble

Also we have had a very long tour overseas this year for a lot of our test players...I can see tiredness with our players and for us not being 100% switched on

Thought it was one of the best bowling pitches of the World cup...pace bounce seam and spin

Reckon it wont be like that for the final

What sharma wants he gets :rolleyes:

Wouldnt surprise me if they pull out a 5th day raging bunsen burner for the wicket ...BCCI is probably on the phone to the groundsmen right now

Why would they do that?

Why would they serve up a wicket, that gives an opportunity to turn the final into a lottery, when they have not one, but three world class spinners in their squad, that can cause problems on relatively normal pitches, when their opposition has one?

How do people not get this after years of watching it happen in all countries?

Australia DONT get helped when they serve up absolute green tops because often it will negate the fact that they usually have bowlers who can get sideways movement out of even the most benign surfaces. What it does is often bring opposition bowlers into the equation, while bringing Australian batsmen back to the pack.
Likewise, when Indian pitches are diabolically challenging, it brings their own batsmen back to the field, while making visiting spinners more dangerous than they would otherwise be.

It serves no logical purpose for the hosts to do this and if they do, they’re idiots

Remove this Banner Ad

Back