2023 ICC Men's Cricket World Cup Game 37 India v South Africa 5/11 1900hrs @ Eden Gardens

Remove this Banner Ad

Don’t have an issue with the pumping up of India - this has been absolutely dominant

Up there with our domination of the 2007 World Cup

Don’t subscribe to peaking too early either - this isn’t a 6 month season where you try and build a squad.

India playing marvellous cricket - with pretty fair pitches it has to be said (probably due to their pace attack)

Don’t have an issue with the pumping up of India - this has been absolutely dominant

Don’t subscribe to peaking too early either - this isn’t a 6 month season where you try and build a squad.

India playing marvellous cricket - with pretty fair pitches it has to be said (probably due to their pace attack)

World cup final might be most high pressure thing in sport. For India.

I can't think of something more full on in sport. They should win but it's prime for a choke.

Maybe baggio penalty 1994

Last edited:

I think India have peaked too early. I can see a choke in either the semi or final. Hard to maintain this.

Impressive run so far, nevertheless
Australia in 2003 & 2007 were simply more dominant & didn't lose a game.

We're people worried then we would slip up in a semi or final.

India are just too good.

It will take a special performance maybe by an individual to beat them in the semis or final.

They are clear favs but let's wait for knockouts, people seem to forget India were clear best side in 19 heading into semi and lost to a 5-3 nz side.

knockout games do strange things to people if they didn't India would be defending their title and sa would have won multiple wc by now.

I want Pakistan to scrape in and somehow devastate India in an all-time choke against their biggest rivals. Then Australia to pummel Pakistan like it’s 1999.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I turned down eight hundred quid for my ticket to that game. Should have taken it too with hindsight, terrible game.

Are we seeing a more permanent changing of the guard in world cricket here?

India have always had an enormous population, so many cricketers to choose from.

Now the country has developed rapidly economically and can afford to have very solid development of their cricketers to take full advantage of the amount of people they have.

Are we seeing a more permanent changing of the guard in world cricket here?

India have always had an enormous population, so many cricketers to choose from.

Now the country has developed rapidly economically and can afford to have very solid development of their cricketers to take full advantage of the amount of people they have.
I saw that in the attitude of younger Indian players about ten years ago. Previously Indian sides would come over here with what looked like very good sides on paper but they lacked something that only I can only speculate was self belief to win over here. Indian sides that tour here now have no such hang ups and go anywhere in the world expecting to win.

I can still see us having a fair crack at India. Head, Warner, Marsh and Maxwell on their day can be match winning and can take the game away. Our bowling attack looks to be clicking to an extent, and India will have enormous pressure on them. We were a few poor moments away from giving them a contest in our first game

Agree.

The talk about how dangerous Kohli can (will) be is justified but IMHO Rohit is just an important (if not more) than Kohli.

If things go his way, he'll get another ODI double century at some stage.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back