2023 ICC Men's Cricket World Cup Game 37 India v South Africa 5/11 1900hrs @ Eden Gardens

Remove this Banner Ad

I want us in the final with an undefeated India.

What better way to win a World Cup than to beat the undefeated favorites for the first time in the biggest game! The Saffers or NZ will choke hard and make it a boring final. Australia won’t choke in a final.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

India clear favorites but huge pressure

Look he probably is, as it’s such a batsman’s format (as is t20), it probably rules out any bowler. McGrath has a legit case as the best odi bowler ever IMO.

If we are talking purely ODI’s you could mount a case for someone from leftfield like Jayasuriya given that he opened the batting, helped redefine the game, took 300+ wickets etc.
Viv’s ODI numbers for his era were just freakish and he was a more than handy bowler and great fielder.

ABDV was probably the most devastating batsman to play white ball cricket IMO and he kept wicket, his numbers were amazing. Strike rate of over 100 and an average over 50. He has a case BUT his t20I record lets him down
I think the best way to answer a question like this, who’s the best ODI of all time is imagine you’re taking it like a draft for your a combined side from any era & you have pick 1. Who is it?

For me it’s someone like Warne or Bothem. Someone who on their day could just stand the game on its head & just win it because they refuse to lose.

Viv definitely comes to mind, Sobers. Even S Waugh in his prime when he was a genuine all rounder. Not many had the will to win like him.

Or do you take Akram or Mcgrath? Maybe Gilchrst? Jayasuria ascyou said?

Kohli definitely in the conversation but I think I’m taking peak Botham or Warne.

We're the only team who India somewhat fears. South Africa who relies on playing the perfect game and the current version of New Zealand don't have the bottle.

This is one hell of a capitulation from South Africa. Hopefully India have peaked a bit early.
This run by India so far reminds me of Australia's dominant unbeaten 2007 tournament in the West Indies...They've got 3 wins to go to match it...Hopefully we can spoil the party in the final.

On Redmi Note 8 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TBH, the idol worship of Kohli is sickening. Sure, great player, brilliant!... but the fireworks, commentator handies, and garbage carry on is cringe-worthy.

They like cricket and he is the best. I don't think it's that bad.

TBH, the idol worship of Kohli is sickening. Sure, great player, brilliant!... but the fireworks, commentator handies, and garbage carry on is cringe-worthy.

How was that call about batting too slow....hahaha. you've got nfi about cricket

I agree but they do live and breathe cricket there. Even Australian players are loved over there by many.

Having said that, spoiling their party would be absolutely delicious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How was that call about batting too slow....hahaha. you've got nfi about cricket
Wow, your claim to fame... you're life purpose... is all about having an idea about cricket? LOL. And that's exactly why we see sportspeople like Kohli elevated to ridiculous levels of worship. Try finding a purpose beyond living vicariously though sportspeople.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back