2023 ICC Men's Cricket World Cup Game 37 India v South Africa 5/11 1900hrs @ Eden Gardens

Remove this Banner Ad

Remind me again why teams sent SA in…

They always choke chasing

While I don’t exactly think they’re mental giants when it comes to fortitude in a big run chase, this hasn’t been a choke.

It’s the most overused term in sport.

They’re playing the tournament hosts, who are unbeaten in 7 games, defending 330, with a bowling attack whose most debatable selection has 15 wickets at 6 this tournament.

Given how India have bowled, I would guess that 90 per cent of matches would see a similar scenario to the one on display now

It will either take a miracle or a massive choke if India don't win this World Cup. So far ahead of everyone else.
Dare I say it, Aussies took 3 wickets against them in the first two overs and should’ve had Kohli at 4/20. If we play them in the final and bat first I can see an upset happening. Although they might smash through our batting order and only have to chase less than 250.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dare I say it, Aussies took 3 wickets against them in the first two overs and should’ve had Kohli at 4/20. If we play them in the final and bat first I can see an upset happening. Although they might smash through our batting order and only have to chase less than 250.

Not sure I really want Kholi chasing thanks.

He has traditionally not performed against Australia in World Cups. Even in game 1 he skied a ball on 10 or so.

Traditionally he has played 4 innings against Australia, the last two of which have ended in the 80s.

Not sure it’s the hole in his record - an average of 48 - that you are imagining.

Even if you add in T20 world cups he averages over 50 against Australia in his 7 matches.

It will either take a miracle or a massive choke if India don't win this World Cup. So far ahead of everyone else.
They play their home conditions better than any other team play their own. They were winning it before it started.

In saying that, would love to beat South Africa and play India in the final, would be an all time win if we got up.

Least they have gone better than Sri Lanka
Jimmy Fallon Something GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

I want us in the final with an undefeated India.

What better way to win a World Cup than to beat the undefeated favorites for the first time in the biggest game! The Saffers or NZ will choke hard and make it a boring final. Australia won’t choke in a final.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back