2023 ICC Men's Cricket World Cup Game 10 Australia v South Africa 12/10 1900hrs @ Ekana Sports City

Remove this Banner Ad

Hard to foresee any of yesterday's XI being there in 2027 and neither should they. Tired, boring side.

But we will continue to pump up the BBL and select our ODI side based off that. If CA don't give two shits about 50 over cricket anymore (and they haven't since the 2015 WC), why should the public?

I'm tired of Warner, Maxwell, Stoinis, Zampa, Cummins, Starc, Hazlewood, etc and I'm certain I'm not alone.
I’m not tired of Maxwell, Starc, and Zampa.

I think losing to an Afghanistan, Bangladesh or a Netherlands might be the kick up the arse we need tbh.

We ain't winning this world cup getting humiliated may actually force change like it did to England in 2015. And start to think about implementing a proper white ball program.

Tough draw that everyone plays everyone once.

You could argue the makeup of when we play certain sides but seriously we are kidding themselves.

We look under-prepared, clueless.

If your dropping your keeper 1 game into a world cup its clearly going to be a trainwreck. Even if its the right call. World cup winning teams dont have to drop keepers midway through tournaments.
All is good. The players are happy under McDonald. Hugs all round after the game.

I'm assuming it's Top 4 finals?

Probably still make it.

Definitely beat Afghanistan, Bangladesh and Netherlands

Should beat Pakistan and Sri Lanka

So imo need to beat one of NZ and England to make it.

6-3 should be close to 4th Place.
I'd go with:

Beat Netherlands
Should beat Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka
50-50 versus Pakistan
Should lose to England and NZ

My prediction is they lose one of the "should win" games, and win one of the Pakistan/Eng/NZ games, and finish 4-5 and in 6th position.

The team that they lost to last night literally went at 5-6 an over for the first 10 while beating Australia last night. One of their openers went at 64 per hundred balls
Since 2021 Australia's run rate of 5.79 in the powerplay is comfortably the best in the world. The next best is India who have gone at 5.49.

Since 2022 it's even better at 6.92. Over a run per over more than the next best team (India 5.86).

We got away with a Test bowling line up winning a T20 World Cup and think it is ok to go with it all the time. It is not the way to go. Cummins has never been a short form bowler and trying to be captain as well is hurting both his bowling and his captaincy. He captained and bowled well for quite a while but the pressure hit him in two big series this year. Both his captaincy and bowling went to crap.

We looked as switched on as we did for the T20 World Cup on our home soil. Barely at all. Like back then szeems we are just waiting for the Test Series to start.

Since 2021 Australia's run rate of 5.79 in the powerplay is comfortably the best in the world. The next best is India who have gone at 5.49.

Since 2022 it's even better at 6.92. Over a run per over more than the next best team (India 5.86).

Interesting data and proves this stupid ‘we’ve been left behind tactically’ argument is silly.

We got away with a Test bowling line up winning a T20 World Cup and think it is ok to go with it all the time. It is not the way to go. Cummins has never been a short form bowler and trying to be captain as well is hurting both his bowling and his captaincy. He captained and bowled well for quite a while but the pressure hit him in two big series this year. Both his captaincy and bowling went to crap.

We looked as switched on as we did for the T20 World Cup on our home soil. Barely at all. Like back then szeems we are just waiting for the Test Series to start.
Well things have to change....just sick of it

I just don't think people have comprehended how big a loss Head is to this side.

The risk of injury outweighs any benefit warm up series close to an important tournament has. The schedule is so compact that these guys are playing enough cricket already.
Yeah losing Head is a loss but that loss last night was not acceptable

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am honestly scared to play the Netherlands now
nahhhh, think we’ll beat all of SL, Netherlands, AFG, SL - Pakistan/NZ/England could all easily beat us though.

We’re well behind India and England however, NZ also just a more complete side.

Legit put the WA ODI team in next game. See what we can do.
ODI record last 4 years.

Players from WA:
Bat Avg: 24.32
Strike Rate: 89.5
Bowl Avg: 42.16
Economy Rate: 5.38

Players from other states:
Bat Avg: 33.21
Strike Rate: 91.7
Bowl Avg: 31.57
Economy Rate: 5.40

Beggars belief then, why we keep playing the same 3 quicks in every single format, and expect them to perform at the elite level.

It's been a problem for 3 years.
I totally agree, Englands white ball side is very different from their test side. We have no white ball program at all, it’s just play the usual guys, who often rest for bilateral series, ridiculous.

Beggars belief then, why we keep playing the same 3 quicks in every single format, and expect them to perform at the elite level.

It's been a problem for 3 years.
Records of ODI pacers for Australia last 4 years:

Starc, Cummins, Hazlewood:
Avg: 28.80
Economy Rate: 5.19

All other pacers:
Avg: 42.76
Economy Rate: 5.65

It's borderline whether Cummins is the 3rd best quick but it's not like anyone else has stood up and done anything when given the chance.

I'm assuming it's Top 4 finals?

Probably still make it.

Definitely beat Afghanistan, Bangladesh and Netherlands

Should beat Pakistan and Sri Lanka

So imo need to beat one of NZ and England to make it.

6-3 should be close to 4th Place.
It's the other way round...Pakistan should beat Australia & SriLanka will fancy their chances big time in the next game after what they witnessed last night...Also, there's no 'definitely beating' Bangladesh in the sub continent on current form.

On Redmi Note 8 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
ODI cricket used to be played in January after the Test series. Of late it’s been ignored or played early season behind a paywall. It’s been given such little attention by CA and it shows.
When it's played in January, the majority of people lose their s**t because they want those players playing in the BBL rather than the pointless ODI series.

, but the Stoinis and Smith dismissals were shambolic - the ball tracking on Smith's LBW call was dubious, and the 3rd umpire fluffed the Stoinis rev
Im still convinced both were out.

I reckon Stoinis dimsisal, the ball brushed either the top of the handle of the bat and/or glove. Not buying into that his glove hit the top of his bat , which led to the spike.

Smiths was also plum on LBW.

Have seen far worst dismissals given.

Records of ODI pacers for Australia last 4 years:

Starc, Cummins, Hazlewood:
Avg: 28.80
Economy Rate: 5.19

All other pacers:
Avg: 42.76
Economy Rate: 5.65

It's borderline whether Cummins is the 3rd best quick but it's not like anyone else has stood up and done anything when given the chance.
Should never be playing Cummins,Starc and Hazelwood in the 1 side on Indian wickets.The selection of the 15 man squad is wrong and should have included Lyon and another spinner.To late now unless we get a injury.Maxwell is our best spinner at the moment,only a part time spinner as far as I am concerned.

Should never be playing Cummins,Starc and Hazelwood in the 1 side on Indian wickets.The selection of the 15 man squad is wrong and should have included Lyon and another spinner.To late now unless we get a injury.Maxwell is our best spinner at the moment,only a part time spinner as far as I am concerned.
They don't even deem Lyon fit enough to play for NSW yet. As his entire ODI career shows he'd have likely done * all anyway.

They don't even deem Lyon fit enough to play for NSW yet. As his entire ODI career shows he'd have likely done * all anyway.
Got to be better then Zampa on Indian wickets.Lyon has said he is ready to play if they require him.They seen to be resting test guys like Boland,Khawaja,Pucovski and Lyon currently in Australia because of to much cricket

Im still convinced both were out.

I reckon Stoinis dimsisal, the ball brushed either the top of the handle of the bat and/or glove. Not buying into that his glove hit the top of his bat , which led to the spike.

Smiths was also plum on LBW.

Have seen far worst dismissals given.

You can't be serious on Stoinis? Nobody is saying "his glove hit the top of the bat". What are you on about?

It was clear as day that the ball hit his right glove that was off the bat. The 3rd umpire even said this, but then used the image on the right (and ignored the one on the left which showed the gloves nowhere near each other) to inexplicably say the gloves were touching each other. Maybe the worst 3rd umpire decision I have ever seen, simply because what the umpire said was blatantly incorrect about the gloves touching.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back