2023 ICC Men's Cricket World Cup Game 23 South Africa v Bangladesh 24/10 1900hrs @ Wankhede Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Likewise, ABDV did something along those lines and he would not be the first to just need a bit of a spell.

He has retired with a test record that any keeper aside from Gilchrist would love but he’s still underachieved

Yeah look coming back to test cricket don’t think he’s doing that but no reason he can’t play the next WC. However you never know a big Aus or England test series and they asked him would he say no? Right now he would be in 12-18 months who knows

I just can’t get past the possibility that against a good hard side like India or even NZ, SA might blow it but my goodness they have some power. This is just unbelievable

Key will be coming second and not 4th for SA. Do that avoid India till a final, big chance

I just can’t get past the possibility that against a good hard side like India or even NZ, SA might blow it but my goodness they have some power. This is just unbelievable
I think the best chance to beat South Africa is to bat first and make them chase. They failed against the Dutch - if they have to do it in a semi final (having never made the final), they'll be under huge pressure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is like a microcosm of how batsmen would have felt playing test cricket against the West Indies: the knowledge that on any given day, at least one of their bowlers is going to just destroy you.

That’s what the current SA batting line up would feel like for a lot of attacks just now. Not sure how long it will last but boy it’s incredible to watch

Can't believe the form these guys are in.

Even harder to believe that the Netherlands were able to beat them.

Making them chase definitely seems a better option than letting them bat first but sometimes you don't have a choice if you lose the toss.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back