2023 ICC Men's Cricket World Cup Game 20 England v South Africa 21/10 1900hrs @ Wankhede Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

England from, Jos Buttler (c), Moeen Ali, Gus Atkinson, Jonny Bairstow, Sam Curran, Liam Livingstone, Dawid Malan, Adil Rashid, Joe Root, Harry Brook, Ben Stokes, Reece Topley, David Willey, Mark Wood, Chris Woakes.
South Africa from, Temba Bavuma (c), Gerald Coetzee, Quinton de Kock, Reeza Hendricks, Marco Jansen, Heinrich Klaasen, Keshav Maharaj, Aiden Markram, David Miller, Lungi Ngidi, Andile Phehlukwayo, Kagiso Rabada, Tabraiz Shamsi, Rassie van der Dussen, Lizaad Williams.

England bowling looking shaky, can easily see SA knocking them off, would be curtains for England if so you'd think.

England winning the toss and bowling.

They have dropped Woakes and Curran for Willey and Atkinson and Stokes is back for Livingstone, I don't think he will be bowling though.

Bavuma out for South Africa with illness.

With those changes I would have England as favourites to win this now.
Especially with de Kock out early

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A South Africa win puts England's tournament on life support and strengthens our chances of claiming fourth, but means realistically there is only one semi final spot up for grab.

But an England win brings South Africa back to the pack meaning there are now two semi finals spots legitimately up for grabs but increases the pressure in the third to sixth range of the table.

Really don't know what to root for - I think the former is better.

Although, thinking about it for slightly longer and it probably comes down to our to England. Win and we'll get through, lose and we'll miss unless we upset NZ.

A South Africa win puts England's tournament on life support and strengthens our chances of claiming fourth, but means realistically there is only one semi final spot up for grab.

But an England win brings South Africa back to the pack meaning there are now two semi finals spots legitimately up for grabs but increases the pressure in the third to sixth range of the table.

Although, thinking about it for slightly longer and it probably comes down to our to England. Win and we'll get through, lose and we'll miss unless we upset NZ.

My view england just score quicker than us if we end up on same wins as them they will have better nrr, them losing today is good for us.

A bunch of teams winning six just doesn't suit us due to poor rr better to have nz India and sa dominate from here and hope we can sneak into 4th spot.

NZ have had a slightly more favourable draw to start with & have got India, Australia & SA in their next 3 games...Could easily drop 2 or 3 of them & come back to the field.

On Redmi Note 8 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back