2023 ICC Men's Cricket World Cup Game 14 Australia v Sri Lanka 16/10 1900hrs @ Ekana Sports City

Remove this Banner Ad

This is why I rate smith higher than marnus. They’re both probably equally adept at the slow and steady game but smith just has those gears to go up. Not as natural for him as other aggressive batsmen but his talent is enough to make up for it.

Marnus looks like he really really has to go to an effort to play the aggressive scoring style
Agree here. But at the moment, would rather take Marnus scoring slow runs than Smith not scoring at all.

had both been performing well at the start of the WC, would be dropping Marnus. (Would rather drop Stoinis, but that’s a different issue)

Agree here. But at the moment, would rather take Marnus scoring slow runs than Smith not scoring at all.

had both been performing well at the start of the WC, would be dropping Marnus. (Would rather drop Stoinis, but that’s a different issue)
Head makes such the difference in this team. Smith in touchy form is a big problem for selection. Too good to leave out based on possibilities

Test selection I would have Renshaw at the moment,Harris has had like most of the Victorians a pretty poor start this season in the shield so far.

Short has had a good start he’s be one that might get a chance, but he’d want to be consistent not up and down. Actually think we may have missed a trick not taking Short to this WC as he’d give a spin option

Head makes such the difference in this team. Smith in touchy form is a big problem for selection. Too good to leave out based on possibilities

Side looks a mile better with Head opening, Smith 3, Marsh 4, etc. we lack that batter that can take full advantage of powerplays and that’s Head. As decent as Marsh was even last night he was slow as in the powerplay

Just replace Green he’s not going to play anyway and it should be Kuhermann as Lyon isn’t even fit anyway
Green provides cover for the batting and bowling and he has the best set of hands in the team...and I expect him to come in later on in the tournament . Its a long tournament Luke and I fully expect the bowlers not to get through and there will be changes ..green provides that insurance

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Green provides cover for the batting and bowling and he has the best set of hands in the team...and I expect him to come in later on in the tournament . Its a long tournament Luke and I fully expect the bowlers not to get through and there will be changes ..green provides that insurance

Abbott can do that, don’t see the point we need a second spinner badly

Head comes back the fall guy will be marnus marsh down to three

Warner
head
Marsh
Smith
Inglis
Maxwell
Green/Stoinis

That for me is the strongest top seven

Smith is a number 3 in a ODI. Yes he’s barely got a run but he’s a better 3 than Marsh easily in this form

Abbott can do that, don’t see the point we need a second spinner badly
Green can bat anywhere from 1 to 11 if need be plus he can open the bowling or bowl 5th change if required

Abbott is a bowling allrounder who's role is to replace one of the quicks and I can only see him batting highest of Seven

Both are very good young players who provide balance to the squad if there is an an injury or loss of form..thats why they are there... and I guarantee both will see some playing time come this World Cup. Its a very long tournament and I cannot see us playing the big three quicks every game ..they the selectors will change it up and most likely it will be against the minnow teams ....but it could be next game against the Pakistan...Abbot might come in for Hazelwood who looks already tired

Both deserve a spot in the squad IMO

I agree with the second spinner and its hurting us.. the selectors stuffed up by picking the two keepers and not making there mind up...basically they should of stuck with one or the other and picked a spinner to take one of the keepers spot

Green can bat anywhere from 1 to 11 if need be plus he can open the bowling or bowl 5th change if required

Abbott is a bowling allrounder who's role is to replace one of the quicks and I can only see him batting highest of Seven

Both are very good young players who provide balance to the squad if there is an an injury or loss of form..thats why they are there... and I guarantee both will see some playing time come this World Cup. Its a very long tournament and I cannot see us playing the big three quicks every game ..they the selectors will change it up and most likely it will be against the minnow teams ....but it could be next game against the Pakistan...Abbot might come in for Hazelwood who looks already tired

Both deserve a spot in the squad IMO

I agree with the second spinner and its hurting us.. the selectors stuffed up by picking the two keepers and not making there mind up...basically they should of stuck with one or the other and picked a spinner to take one of the keepers spot
You have to have 2 recognised keepers in the squad in case one gets injured or becomes unavailable on the eve of a match.

On Redmi Note 8 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back