2023 ICC Men's Cricket World Cup Game 36 England v Australia 4/11 1900hrs @ Narendra Modhi Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Such a stunning and brave performance by stokes

Dug himself a hole, but it was a brave hole. A hope that made his teammates have to come in and swing earlier. A hole that ended by meekly tapping it to fine leg

Morally saved cricket though

What a utensil

But there's underperforming and underperforming.

Missing the finals is underperforming.
Coming last at this stage is another level.
England's reemergence as a world minnow is the number one thing people will remember about this World Cup.

Very unsporting of Inglis to catch Bairstow first ball. If that's how the Australians want to play .......... ;)

Seriously, there are two great teams playing today, India and South Africa. Even if Australia don't make the final of the World Cup, England humiliating themselves on the world stage is prize enough.
Yep it's like when Collingwood lose Grand Finals - next best thing to winning the flag.:$

Don't think that is unreasonable. Maybe Warner and Zampa make the side but they need their spinner to make regualr runs.
Hahahhahaha. I wouldn't have a single Pom in our team. I'll take our bowling line up to a man, Inglis and Carey are both twice as good a Bairstow, give me Marsh over Stokes and the rest of their batting line up, please.

The problem is, Joe, the game is played on grass, not paper. Congratulations on making 13, your highest score in the past 5 matches. 11, 2, 3, 0, 13. Fantastic.

Yet they still won’t play Harry Brook who is in form

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It appears Maxwell & Marsh will both be available for the next match, so it's going to be real interesting who they drop out of Stoinis/Green & Smith/Lab...I feel Lab has really closed the gap on Smith with that decision now.

Lab's played all 15 ODI's since the start of the SA tour;
693 runs @ 49.5, SR - 92
1 - 100, 4 - 50s

As opposed to Smith's 10 innings;
320 runs @ 32, SR - 90
2 - 50s

I think I'm going with this team on current form & in this order

Warner
Head
Lab
Green
Marsh
Maxwell
Inglis
Cummins
Starc
Zampa
Hazelwood

Green needs to go further up the order & Marsh isn't suited to No.3...Inglis also should move down a couple of places...Thoughts

On Redmi Note 8 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

It appears Maxwell & Marsh will both be available for the next match, so it's going to be real interesting who they drop out of Stoinis/Green & Smith/Lab...I feel Lab has really closed the gap on Smith with that decision now.

Lab's played all 15 ODI's since the start of the SA tour;
693 runs @ 49.5, SR - 92
1 - 100, 4 - 50s

As opposed to Smith's 10 innings;
320 runs @ 32, SR - 90
2 - 50s

I think I'm going with this team on current form & in this order

Warner
Head
Lab
Green
Marsh
Maxwell
Inglis
Cummins
Starc
Zampa
Hazelwood

Green needs to go further up the order & Marsh isn't suited to No.3...Inglis also should move down a couple of places...Thoughts

I like the side but i think the way Cummins used green / didn’t use last night was telling

Lack of support is poor imo

And I still want marsh at three

Apart from that I like the team with what is available

Marnus has undoubtedly performed better recently than Smith. Not sure if they have the courage to drop Smith though, as he has runs on the board.

Green and Stoinis is a flip of the coin for me. Both had more than handy contributions last night but couldn't quite put the foot down. I went to bed but is there any reason Green didn't bowl? If he's not bowling it makes it an easy decision but it might just have been due to the conditions.

I think CA will opt for Smith and Green, but both could go either way

I like the side but i think the way Cummins used green / didn’t use last night was telling

Lack of support is poor imo

And I still want marsh at three

Apart from that I like the team with what is available
Yeah agreed...The fact Green wasn't used with the ball at all feels like they will probably lean towards Stoinis.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back