2023 ICC Men's Cricket World Cup Game 17 India v Bangladesh 19/10 1900hrs @ Maharashtra Cricket Association Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

That Kohli century, im trying to equate it to other sports. The closest I could come to was when Fevola came close to a ton and Carlton had a whinge after the Hawks ganged up on him. Or maybe a better comparison is like basketball, when your up by 30+ points, and you go for a basket with the last play of the game already up.

Its almost taking the mickey and showing Bangladesh disrespect at the same time.

Kohli was mid 70s at the time, then he started turning down singles. It also cost India a bit of net run rate in the end. Would be funny if karma came around and that NRR proved to be a difference at some point.

Dont think any team in world cricket would do this. Team India is not only about getting the team win, but its definitely about individual records as well.
Lokesh Rahul finished on 97* in one of the earlier games I think. Pandya had about 14* off 14. Did Pandya steal a century off him and would Rahul even give a s**t?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lokesh Rahul finished on 97* in one of the earlier games I think. Pandya had about 14* off 14. Did Pandya steal a century off him and would Rahul even give a s**t?
From that game, and watching that game, Rahul went for the 4, rather than the 6 to finish the game. But hit the ball too well. He was also aiming for his 100

From that game, and watching that game, Rahul went for the 4, rather than the 6 to finish the game. But hit the ball too well. He was also aiming for his 100
And he looked absolutely devastated to hit the winning runs for his team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back