2023 ICC Men's Cricket World Cup Game 43 Australia v Bangladesh 11/11 1530hrs @ Maharashtra Cricket Association Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Not being an Aussie cheerleader that only praises Australia and their players like you doesn't make me a troll.

This isn't the Australian cricket board, it's the cricket board where some people support or take an interest in teams other than Australia.

All the relentless hate for Australia of the late Tony Grieg, mixed with the genuine misery of Ian Chappell.

At least in the cricket threads he doesn’t just continuously blame the umpires for everything. There is that. ☺️

Plugger is always going to have a negative view of Australia....it's in the Kiwi DNA....adds spice to the banter.....hopefully the 3 umps get less grief than Barnes did, if NZ lose in this WC format.....

Last edited:

Plugger is always going to have a negative view of Australia....it's in the Kiwi DNA....adds spice to the banter.....hopefully the 3 umps get less grief than Barnes did, if NZ lose in this WC format.....
Yep classic kiwi DNA, come here for the cheaper rent and aussies live in their head rent free

Against Afghanistan and Bangladesh, a remarkable achievement if that is true.
Where do you rate Hadlee's 9fer in Brisbane given that it was a pretty ordinary Australian team he went through? Should put an asterisk on that performance too?

On Form I’d rather Abbott play over Starc but they will go Starc in the hope he regains some swing at the start of the innings.

Marnus stays with his fielding ability. Stoinis out for Maxy

All the relentless hate for Australia of the late Tony Grieg, mixed with the genuine misery of Ian Chappell.
God I miss Tony the guy could elevate the most boring game imaginable into something interesting, I always laughed at his comments on Australia. He was spot on sometimes especially when guys like McGrath got grumbly over nothing.

God I miss Tony the guy could elevate the most boring game imaginable into something interesting, I always laughed at his comments on Australia. He was spot on sometimes especially when guys like McGrath got grumbly over nothing.
Kerry Packer TV miniseries.

Painted Greigy in a better light and explained why he joined channel 9.

You couldn't blame him Kerry gave him a job for life. Greigy took the bullets in WSC that helped the cricketers get the money they do today.

On Form I’d rather Abbott play over Starc but they will go Starc in the hope he regains some swing at the start of the innings.

Marnus stays with his fielding ability. Stoinis out for Maxy
Abbot by far our best death bowler.

He’s even from NSW.

Won’t stop the picking Starc though.

Where do you rate Hadlee's 9fer in Brisbane given that it was a pretty ordinary Australian team he went through? Should put an asterisk on that performance too?
I was actually astounded he caught Lawson off Brown, with the kind of bloke he was, it genuinely shocked me he didn't drop it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It adds nothing. It'd be banter if he had even the remotest idea how to do that, he's just a bitter twisted imbecile rocking in his chair drooling over a photo of Trevor Chappel winning the Benson and Hedges cup.

And it's boring.

I don't think the Australian team back then was as weak as some people make out.

Australia's batsmen in that test were Wessels, Hilditch, Boon, Border, Ritchie, Phillips and Matthews who had all played test cricket before.

Apart from Kim Hughes I don't think any of the batsmen on the South African rebel tour would have made that batting line up any stronger.

The other batsmen on that South African rebel tour were guys like Mike Haysman, Graham Yallop, Greg Shipperd, John Dyson, Steve Smith and Steve Rixon, none of whom would have been walk up starts to make the Australian team ahead of the batsmen that did make that team.

It adds nothing. It'd be banter if he had even the remotest idea how to do that, he's just a bitter twisted imbecile rocking in his chair drooling over a photo of Trevor Chappel winning the Benson and Hedges cup.

And it's boring.

You constantly whinging about me or anyone else here that doesn't agree with your one eyed view of cricket gets pretty boring too.

of course but I can understand the logic of practicing chasing as its a dead rubber

the disappointing thing is the bowling has been really poor so far
It looked like our only plan for 40 overs yesterday was to make sure we had a reasonably steep target to chase. That literally was the plan.

Which I guess is progress... It's the first time we've had a plan with the ball this tournament.

I would pick Abbott ahead of him

Better bowler and could basically score what stoinis is averaging in the past 4 years in ODIs which is 15.

Abbott has scored an ODI fifty this year.

Stonis hasn't scored one in 4 years
One change. And only one change.

In: Big Show
91cd3b24bafdb7bd4dec2803f1e473e1.jpeg

Out: Big Stupid
320-camedia.png

The Fiz gets Warner.

The fielder nearly did a Gibbs there but luckily he controlled it before he spilled it with the celebration.
I've always been amazed by this. When I played (very badly I'd be at pains to point out), whenever I took a catch I never threw it in the air. Once I even caught a hat trick ball and still held on to it. In fact I'd regularly get in trouble from my team mates for not throwing it back to the umpire! I never like it when players do it - things can only go wrong, as we've seen. Surely there are other ways to celebrate with ball in hand?

Don't mind Lab in the side - no batters are making themselves undroppable who are currently outside the team. And labs fielding is worth a few runs. Made an impact against NZ and bangers

He provides us an option if 2 of the top order don't come off.

And allows Inglis to move to 7 in a role where he can play a power hitting role - something he is probably more suited to (other than opening which he righfully won't get a look in for)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back