2023 ICC Men's Cricket World Cup Game 38 Bangladesh v Sri Lanka 6/11 1900hrs @ Arun Jaitley Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Bangladesh from, Shakib Al Hasan (c), Litton Kumer Das, Tanzid Hasan Tamim, Najmul Hossain Shanto (vc), Tawhid Hridoy, Mushfiqur Rahim, Mahmudullah Riyad, Mehidy Hasan Miraz, Nasum Ahmed, Shak Mahedi Hasan, Taskin Ahmed, Mustafizur Rahman, Hasan Mahmud, Shoriful Islam, Tanzim Hasan Sakib.
Sri Lanka from, Kusal Mendis (c), Kusal Perera, Pathum Nissanka, Dushmantha Chameera, Dimuth Karunaratne, Sadeera Samarawickrama, Charith Asalanka, Dhananjaya de Silva, Maheesh Theekshana, Dunith Wellalage, Kasun Rajitha, Angelo Mathews, Dilshan Madushanka, Dushan Hemantha, Chamika Karunaratne

If we win tomorrow night we could ask the pitch to be a raging turner on Saturday and let the Bangladesh spinners go for it.

We can't finish lower then 3rd and Bangladesh winning would probably prevent England making the CT in 2025.

Hahaha we should just not bowl Zampa and rest Warner

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes there are safety implications for sure. But you need to be prepared.

Of course you do but if you go to put the helmet on and the strap comes loose what are they to infer: that he deliberately pre-planned to break it to waste 90 seconds and somehow hand his team an unseen advantage as a consequence? It’s like appealing for obsrtructing the field because a player tripped over his own feet and feel on the keeper

Of course you do but if you go to put the helmet on and the strap comes loose what are they to infer: that he deliberately pre-planned to break it to waste 90 seconds and somehow hand his team an unseen advantage as a consequence? It’s like appealing for obsrtructing the field because a player tripped over his own feet and feel on the keeper
I think we need to move on from spirit of the game. It's a fierce competition now and we have rules in place. I'm not saying it was intentional but he wasn't ready in time and should therefore be out. Having a spirit of the game feel used on certain dismissals can only lead to morality arguments on who or what is deemed acceptable.
I'm of the belief that we have rules and we should be following them. Why have these rules then if it's going to be "shameful" to enforce them

Yeah. So I didn't quite catch it all but if he made reasonable efforts then it's a bit rough really.

The alternative is he faces one ball and then asks for a change. If he cops a short one and gets hurt? No good. Or the bowler feels pressured to not bowl short.

What's the rule of he faced up, tapped his bat, then pulled away?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back