2023 ICC Men's Cricket World Cup Game 24 Australia v Netherlands 25/10 1900hrs @ Arun Jaitley Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Ah… so representing a country is the same as playing for a club… so you’d be happy if the best West Indies and Sri Lankan players decided to play for England and India next year?
Don't give a s**t. It's a career. They're entitled to earn the maximum they can earn within a capitalist context.

If you want to take issue with that, your complaint is better addressed elsewhere than at ******* cricketers.
Where did I say anything about players being punished? Did you even read the post you’re complaining about? 😂
I'm deeply unsurprised this is your take. You like to go the attack when challenged, and are rather casual in your support of cricket anyway.

This is what you posted:
Not really... you pick one country that you play for. You can't just chop and change when it suits you, that's moronic.
It's not an unreasonable extrapolation that you'd insist on the same degree of loyalty in other ways.

Don't give a s**t. It's a career. They're entitled to earn the maximum they can earn within a capitalist context.

If you want to take issue with that, your complaint is better addressed elsewhere than at ******* cricketers.

I'm deeply unsurprised this is your take. You like to go the attack when challenged, and are rather casual in your support of cricket anyway.

This is what you posted:

It's not an unreasonable extrapolation that you'd insist on the same degree of loyalty in other ways.

You accused me of wanting players quartered for changing teams, when I said literally nothing about any punishment, don’t complain when u make up things then get called out on it, lmao.

People are “entitled” to do whatever they want, within the rules, that’s why we have rules in place to make the game fair… if you want the top 3 teams taking all the best players from other countries be my guest, that would obviously be a disaster for cricket but u seem to support it for bizarre reasons.

You accused me of wanting players quartered for changing teams, when I said literally nothing about any punishment, don’t complain when u make up things then get called out on it, lmao.
See?
People are “entitled” to do whatever they want, within the rules, that’s why we have rules in place to make the game fair.
Playing for different countries has clearly defined rules.
If you want the top 3 teams taking all the best players from other countries
... like who?

Hasn't happened.

In ODIs over his career the big guns have also been India and England who he averages 35 and 41 against. In World Cups he now averages 39 at a strike rate of 162. To put it in perspective Heinrich Klassen who everyone is frothing over the way he's been batting this tournament has a strike rate of 151 in this World Cup.
We suffer from tall poppy syndrome in Australia

Remove this Banner Ad

Back