2023 ICC Men's Cricket World Cup Game 24 Australia v Netherlands 25/10 1900hrs @ Arun Jaitley Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Maxwell averages 9 with the bat against both South Africa and New Zealand in ODIs.

Be nice if he stood up against the big guns not just against a team that gives there all like the Netherlands but isnt the same quality.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Meh, I know they beat South Africa but I'm not taking much from that. It will help the Maxwell reputation but in reality it shouldn’t.
If this stays as his only significant contribution for the tournament then you may be right.

However his innings, and the domino effect it would have had on the Dutch innings has hugely boosted our NRR. We may look back on it as one of the key moments that got us into the semis ahead of Pakistan or England (who I’m not writing off yet).

Just came here to congratulate Warner, Maxwell and de Leede for their centuries last night - especially the latter, who is now de leader for runs conceded in ODI cricket :).
Jake Gyllenhaal Reaction GIF

Maxwell averages 9 with the bat against both South Africa and New Zealand in ODIs.

Be nice if he stood up against the big guns not just against a team that gives there all like the Netherlands but isnt the same quality.
In ODIs over his career the big guns have also been India and England who he averages 35 and 41 against. In World Cups he now averages 39 at a strike rate of 162. To put it in perspective Heinrich Klassen who everyone is frothing over the way he's been batting this tournament has a strike rate of 151 in this World Cup.

Hate discrediting special performances against ‘lesser’ teams. That was an all time great innings no matter who it was against. Of course we need him contributing throughout the rest of the innings but the constant need to look at the negative every single time by some people must get exhausting.

Hate discrediting special performances against ‘lesser’ teams. That was an all time great innings no matter who it was against. Of course we need him contributing throughout the rest of the innings but the constant need to look at the negative every single time by some people must get exhausting.
Maxwell was also our best bowler in the early games,wasted talent and should have played more then 6 tests but not his fault.

This would have to be the stupidest, ill-informed post on this entire site surely. Have an actual look at his actual career look at who the big guns actually are, and how well he does against them. And the word is "isn't".

Great by maxi

will be interesting to see if head comes back next match against the kiwis

I am assuming Stoinis will come back for greenie

Is it going to be Smith or Marnus to drop out ?

Got a feeling they might keep head on ice for another game and bring him back against the poms

Bats in the last few overs where he is expected to play the big shots.Personally I would rather see him bat higher in the order,say come in about the 20 over mark and play normal cricket shots and then hit out in the last 10.You also forget his all round talent with the ball and his fielding.Love to see him play test cricket again but looks like those days are over because he hardly gets a chance to play red ball cricket.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back