2023 ICC Men's Cricket World Cup Game 43 Australia v Bangladesh 11/11 1530hrs @ Maharashtra Cricket Association Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Australia from, Pat Cummins (c), Steve Smith, Alex Carey, Josh Inglis, Sean Abbott, Cameron Green, Josh Hazlewood, Travis Head, Marnus Labuschagne, Mitch Marsh, Glenn Maxwell, Marcus Stoinis, David Warner, Adam Zampa, Mitchell Starc.
Bangladesh from, Najmul Hossain Shanto (c), Litton Kumer Das, Tanzid Hasan Tamim, Anamul Haque, Tawhid Hridoy, Mushfiqur Rahim, Mahmudullah Riyad, Mehidy Hasan Miraz, Nasum Ahmed, Shak Mahedi Hasan, Taskin Ahmed, Mustafizur Rahman, Hasan Mahmud, Shoriful Islam, Tanzim Hasan Sakib.

You'd reckon we might consider earthing a few of the bowlers and especially Maxwell..... But with it team selection I would be surprised to see them put at risk
I think McDonald has already indicated he wants to put this best team possible on the park.

I think McDonald has already indicated he wants to put this best team possible on the park.
Its basically a dead rubber and we will end playing the Saffers in the semi

I would like to see one of the quicks rested..maybe Hazelwood and Abbott be given a run

and this fascination with stoins is doing my head in.... he can't play spin

green is such the better option plays spin better ..better fielder and better bowler...I just don't get it

stoinis needs to be bowling 8+ overs every game to make any sense, his batting last few years is more what you expect from a decent number 8, Strange thing is aussie cricket media seem to agree with CA hardly ever any questions asked about why he is always first choice player with such awful numbers.

Good luck on stopping me in the finals, i am ready to end this world cup with a double ton against my favorite opposition. I win the world cup, Mutton biryani on everyone here from me.

That will be $50 per biryani plate

Good luck on stopping me in the finals, i am ready to end this world cup with a double ton against my favorite opposition. I win the world cup, Mutton biryani on everyone here from me.

That will be $50 per biryani plate
I have never had a biryani that tastes remotely palatable. Why is Indian food so delicious, except biryani. Tastes like soggy muck soiled with sheep dung.

Okay Macca and Cummins seeing this game is a dead rubber

Open the bowling with Abbot and Green give them the new ball

rest Starc and Hazelwood get them ready for the semi final against the Saffers

Its basically a dead rubber and we will end playing the Saffers in the semi
Bit of a pity from the point of view of the tournament that Bangladesh today have more to play for (Champions Trophy qualification) than we do.

But imagine for a moment if there was no coin toss, the away team always chooses, and in tournament play where there are neutral teams, the team who chooses is shared equally and preordained match-by-match before the start of the tournament.

Then once the knockout phase is reached, the higher ranked team earns the right to choose.

Given South Africa's struggles in run chases (even last night they made hard work of it by the look), can you imagine the stakes involved in last night's and today's game? Both teams would have had so much more to play for, even if they wouldn't necessarily have admitted it publicly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would be interesting if Inglis made ducks in the next 2 matches what we'd do in a final. We'd obviously have winning form so would probably stick with Inglis.
If Carey is not getting a game now, there's next to no chance he'll replace Inglis in the knockout games - unless there's an injury.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back