2023 ICC Men's Cricket World Cup Game 5 India v Australia 8/10 1900hrs @ MA Chidambaran Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Talk about the hope killing ya!!

Portugal need to win by 8 for the wallabies to advance and they are currently up by 7...

For the uninitiated in rugby Portugal just winning would be one of rugby's great upsets, let alone winning by 8.

There is surely no way this happens for Australia.
Portugal win and we still get the arse.

We just aren't very good. Been obvious for a while. And there is a dearth of young white ball talent coming through.

We are not in a good position.
Agree
Our current cricket team has no room for growth, it’s hit a performance ceiling and that ceiling is not good enough to beat the likes of India and England. Time to refresh and retire the likes of Warner (hugely overdue), Smith, maybe even some of the bowlers. Carey and Marsh are not the answer either. We need to replenish with the best young talent and then stick with them as they build experience

I suppose if Mitch takes that catch India are 4/30 chasing 200 without Kohli could have felt like 300.

I just don't think the Team Balance is right though.

Cam Green needs a spell. I think he is being over-loaded atm. And we are burning him.

Also India's fielding was elite last night. Ours clearly wasnt.

We just aren't very good. Been obvious for a while. And there is a dearth of young white ball talent coming through.

We are not in a good position.
It was disgusting and we all knew it was going to happen

Never have I have been so low watching this lot. I can't see them beating the South Africans next game there are just too many players out of form

Disagree those left arm spinners all are effective over in India. He’s a bigger loss than many think especially when our brainless selectors pick a batsman to replace him. The whole squad has errors since the beginning, and blind Freddy knows it
Agree Luke and Zamps has gone to absolute crap Kuna should of been at least considered

It was disgusting and we all knew it was going to happen

Never have I have been so low watching this lot. I can't see them beating the South Africans next game there are just too many players out of form

its one game in ! a lot can change, especially in white ball cricket and South Africa are more bi polar than you lot.

Not falling for this stuff again. "Its a poor Aussie side" etc etc Nek minute you're winning the thing !:cool:

its one game in ! a lot can change, especially in white ball cricket and South Africa are more bi polar than you lot.

Not falling for this stuff again. "Its a poor Aussie side" etc etc Nek minute you're winning the thing !:cool:
No it is a poor ageing side in transition with nothing in the cupboard - we cannot win this with a spinner who doesn’t spin it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fwiw I still think Australia if everything fell into place could still be a threat but they’re behind a few teams in the pecking order.

I’m reluctant to get on board the SA bandwagon because they’ve probably had better teams 1-11 that have failed in the past but I do like that they’ve basically adopted a very England like mantra of all our attack with the bat and even more so with the ball, having a guy like Coetzee is interesting as he can be a real liability but he seems to only know one way - full tilt - and for now they’re backing him in

At least Eddie Jones should definitely get the arse now.
I remember the Wallabies being a big deal in the early 00s with 7 regularly broadcasting their tests and when they were best in the world. 20 years later and it seems like Union is just about dead in this country.

The reasons are pretty simple - the explosion in junior sport was largely ignored by RU and they’re gonna pay the ultimate price

There is literally no element of rugby Union that they as a collective could have done shitter in the last 20-25 years.

The sport itself is dull unless played by two very good outfits. The culture of it is borderline bigoted it is so exclusive; I played one season of rugby Union when I went to uni 22 years ago and we won the local colts comp. I was an ok player, not great, but even if I was awesome I wouldn’t have gotten a look in as a starter because I didn’t go to the right school or become mates with the right people. I went and played with the uni league club thereafter - we lost the first 25-30 games I played. And I f***ing loved it. I was accepted, we played hard but ultimately it didn’t matter who you were or where you were from you were part of the club so you were as important as the best player on the team.
The professionalism of rugby league at every level makes Union look stupid - and for a game like league that carries the reputation that it does, that’s saying something. The pathways are better, the promotion is better, and league has developed one thing that has gone completely the other way for Union in this country: confidence in itself.
The nrl and its clubs know that if there’s a player drain to the Super League, or rugby Union…. No problem. Someone else will come along and fill the gap. Union now finds itself throwing packets of money at kids like Joe Sualii, trying to recruit Angus Crichton, as though they are going to make their national team relevant again. It won’t.

Will be if we get smashed next match with Head still 2-3 games away at least. Did feel we had to split our first two games, we aren’t beating England on form they just are a lot better and that’s not even considering NZ
You've changed your tune lol...What happened to comfortably making the semi's & beating one of India/Eng along the way

On Redmi Note 8 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

For those at the back who missed it the first time:
Across 2020-21-22, he scored 1300 runs at almost 40, and a strike rate of over 120, and he bowls, and he is a gun fielder.

Does that explain it?
Struggle to understand these people that do not rate Maxwell,come in when side struggling with the bat and out to a good ball.Bowled OK but not a top line spinner even in India.Bat him higher in the order,even as high as 4.

Struggle to understand these people that do not rate Maxwell,come in when side struggling with the bat and out to a good ball.Bowled OK but not a top line spinner even in India.Bat him higher in the order,even as high as 4.

He's the ultimate floating batsman, can bat anywhere in the top 7 really. Perfect to have up your sleeve if you want to have a real crack for 5 overs or so.

Have never figured out why they couldn't make him a permanent fixture in the tests as well

I think the talent is there its just the disconnect from Shield/Marsh Cup/BBl is the issue the players are not expressing there talents and performing as they should
The gaps between each level have never been greater - I was fortunate to play grade / subbies where it was common to play with and against ex FC and occasionally Test players - it lifted your performance - now it is a rarity - we have too many clubs at Grade / Premier level with a plethora of the same players that are a million miles away from getting to the next level

The whole tournament will just be an Indian propaganda exercise on how great they are.

Australia is average at best at ODI cricket now, and very ill prepared.

Not a lot to look forward to.

Great effort dh's.
Really mate, give it a rest.

All you do is continually throw s**t at blokes who are trying their best.
When someone does something well, you never comment.

Calling them losers.
FFS.

Most of them are millionaires traveling the world playing cricket, whilst you're
in your one bedroom apartment jerking off over Sydney Stack's highlight reel.

FFS.

Last edited:
He's the ultimate floating batsman, can bat anywhere in the top 7 really. Perfect to have up your sleeve if you want to have a real crack for 5 overs or so.

Have never figured out why they couldn't make him a permanent fixture in the tests as well
Bat Maxwell at 4 and instructions are no risky shots till the 40th over.Even if he comes in at the 20 over mark he will most likely get a run a ball batting normally.Having him as 1 of your main spinners is a joke,not a wicket taking bowler but only a back up bowler to bowl 5 or 6 overs.Main problem is Carey and Green,surely Inglis comes in for Carey but also at the moment we only have 14 players to pick from.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back