India v Australia 5 T20s for the IDGAF Trophy.

Remove this Banner Ad

This may come as a bit of surprise to some by Ben McDermotts selection is a bit of a surprise as well.

in BBL 12 he scored 196 runs total from 149 balls. Thats roughly an average of 16.33 a game

If you take out his best performances against Adelaide away (a 53 and 56), he scored 86 runs from 96 balls total, at a strike rate under 100.

He looked way out of form last night. I did remember last year he underperformed in BBL and those stats sort of reinforce that.

The selection policy of T20 players as a whole in international teams is questionable.
McDermott has been gifted 24 T20I games for an average of 16 and a S/R of 93…. surely there’s others out there?

This shits me, because I could probably name you 10 India batters that average 45+ in T20s that can't make the side
Tell them to move to Richmond in Melbourne or Lightsview in Adelaide, theyll qualify for the green and gold and be playing internationals in no time.

I know its hard being parachuted in for a couple of games but it is a little disconcerting that players are not stepping up when given an opportunity
How many have played in India before, and are used to the weather, the pitches, the noise? It can’t be easy if you haven’t.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back